Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Almost Back

Thanks to all who wished me well yesterday. I think lots of rest and your good vibes helped me. I am feeling much better today. I don't feel 100%, but I'll get there.

I feel kind of like a complainer. Really, my life is not any more hectic than others'. I just don't always handle it too well. I am still getting used to my youngest being older and being involved in activities. I'm still trying to adjust to the busy schedule of 3 school-aged kids. I'll figure it out someday.

Yesterday Beth Anne from the thrifty Ba commented on my post and reminded me not to "junk out" while I was sick. It was a good reminder because I had already eaten a 200 calorie bag of Sun Chips at that point. I'm sorry to say that even after reading her comment I still junked out. I ate chocolate and broke my no chocolate between 2 and 4 p.m. rule. :( I don't know why being sick makes me hungry for stuff that is not good for me. Does that happen to the rest of you?

Also, I always eat better when I have exercised and yesterday I did not exercise at all. The scale was up this morning, but I am confident that with a good day today I will not see a gain tomorrow for my weigh-in.

Since I was rested and feeling somewhat better this morning I decided I better hop on the treadmill. The energy wasn't all the way there. I could only run for about 3/4 of a mile before I had to walk. Then I decided to alternate between walking 1/4 mile and running 1/4 mile until I got to 3 miles. I did run for 1/2 mile once. Well, my time at 3 miles was 42.32. That is off pace if I'm to reach my goal of 38 minutes on Saturday for my 5K.

Even though I was off pace, I feel good about my time today and my chances on Saturday. I ran more than half of it today and expect to do even better when I run again on Thursday. Not to mention, I still am skeptical about how accurate my treadmill is.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling some better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your getting better! How exciting for Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're getting better. Yes...I junk out when I'm sick. My husband is one of those lose your appetite when your sick people. Nope not me...chocolate makes me feel better...lol.

    I like your new blog background. Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are feeling better-I will think of you this weekend. You're much healthier now-how long would you generally be down & sick if you were the old you 28 pounds ago?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no clue how good it is to know that you, too, are a sweater! Whoo hoo! We should totally get together one day for cardio. Ooooo...the world is not ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're feeling better!

    When I have a cold, I crave salt. Which of course has to be followed by sweet, which has to be followed by salt, and so on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no...I'm sorry I'm only getting caught up today...hope you feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are NOT a complainer...just experiencing the ups and downs of this journey. This is a place for you to express what you're feeling...don't apologize for how you feel! Up days are coming. This is life.

    ReplyDelete