Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's On!


So, today officially begins mine and Leah's November throw-down challenge to see who can lose the most % of weight this month. Leah made the cute badge above. I'm glad she is so talented, because I am not! Our weigh-in days will be Thursdays and we will end 4 weeks from today on December 2nd.
My weight today is: 169
Leah's weight today is: 191.5
I think this is just what we both need to help us start the holiday season off right. Who doesn't love a good competition? I really want Leah to do well this month, but not quite as well as I do. :) Here's how I plan to win the throw-down and start the holiday season off right:
  • I will walk/run a minimum of 3.25 miles, 5 days a week.
  • I will ride the exercise bike for 50 miles a week (I usually do 10 miles in 40 minutes)
  • I will track my calories on sparkpeople and aim for no more than 1450 a day. I tracked for the first time in a very long time yesterday. I have decided that I will not track on Saturdays (hopefully it won't be my downfall).

Leah has some great goals herself, you can check out her blog here.

On the good news/bad news front. The good news is, I don't think my son has anymore chocolate left in his trick-r-treat bag. The bad news is I probably ate most of it (and I'm obviously a thief)! Sigh.

Have a good day everybody!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!
    I look forward to seeing this throw down unfold!!!
    You are both wonderful ladies so I am rooting for you both equally! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the exercise goals! Be careful not to pick up exercise and cut back on food, or you may stall your metabolism. :) Good luck, Barb!!! Kick butt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh, oh..I may have to step up my game a bit here to beat you. :)

    This is going to be fun and hopefully be what we both need to kick things up a bit. I almost feel like I joined The Biggest Loser now. LOL

    Here we go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard that Leah is sending more chocolate your way, now that she sees that you have a taste for it!

    Do awesome things this month, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Barb! And I would say good thing the chocolate is gone...that is definitely a weak link for me! I'm excited to see what happens between you two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh fun challenge! To the victor go the chocolates, I mean spoils!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good for you guys! hard work will pay off!

    ReplyDelete