Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend Update

Well, hello out there. I hope everybody is having a good Monday today. I know most people hate Mondays, in fact today my husband woke up with an upset stomach that he called "the case of the Mondays". Poor guy. Work is not so great lately and a new work week is not something he looks forward to. I am so grateful for how hard he works to support our family, while I stay home and take care of the kiddos and things around here. I digress.
Anyway, I hate to say it(and I sure didn't to my hubby), but I actually really like Mondays. And the first Monday my kids go back to school after their three week break is always wonderful. Today is one of those Mondays. So while it is pouring rain outside, I am sitting inside my warm house enjoying the quiet.
I have already done my 3.25 miles on the treadmill and rode the exercise bike 15 miles. I vacuumed and folded laundry as well. No interruptions, slowing me down. :) And now it is time to check in with you all and be accountable for the weekend and let you know how things are going in this first week of my "Throw down Challenge" with Leah.
The weekend actually wasn't very pretty. I did not exercise at all. Not Friday, not Saturday and never on Sunday. I ate really bad on Saturday. And did not track food at all. I'm glad I don't have to officially weigh-in for the challenge untill Thursday.
Why no exercise? I had committments to do other things in the early morning on Friday and Saturday and then the rest of those days were busy, so exercise was not really an option. The truth is, if I don't exercise first thing it doesn't happen the rest of the day.
Why the terrible eating? Well, one of my poor habits or family traditions that really should go away is how much I associate food, junk food, with big time sporting events. This past Saturday was a HUGE football game for my alma mater and so we just had to celebrate it! My husband said, "What is this the Super Bowl?". Anyway, my mom made her yummy taco dip and I bought the licorice and m & m's, plus my mom brought other stuff. She did bring veggies, but veggies dipped into the taco dip just aren't the same as tortilla chips.
So not only did I eat way too much, my team stunk it up! They got slaughtered. So sad. The game was over in the first quarter. :( Oh well, I still love my Utes!
So this week, I look to rebound from my poor choices. Weekends are always the hardest for me, which is why I never wanted Monday to be my weigh-in day. I feel like I've already started the week off great today. So watch out, Leah!
What about you all? Are weekends your hardest, too?

6 comments:

  1. You gotta have the taco dip at the football party!!!! :) I agree!
    Way to get back on track!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. I associate certain foods with events also. No big deal, so long as the event isn't breakfast. :)

    Wishing you a great week!

    (tee-hee! My word verification is 'chomp'. Fitting?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry your weekend wasn't the best eating and exercise wise but the past is the past and you should did start today out right. A new day, a new week. Keep it up, you can do this. I expect you to win this challenge you know, sorry Leah! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. weekends are tough for me. Exercise doesnt usually happen so i work on that during the week. Plus, there is more eating out and eating out. Thats always hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I love about your blog Barbara is that you don't get yourself down about a few bad days, you analyze the situation and come up with a plan of attack. I was just talking to a friend yesterday about how easy it is to get into a habit and as a result have trouble getting out of that habit. Her theory: Get out of bed every morning with a plan, it's way too easy to stay there with the cover over your head and never get back up.

    BTW, I FINALLY added my list of favorite blogs to my sidebar and you were one of the first blogs I added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey ma'am!
    It's been so long since I've gotten time to read all of my favorite blogs. Anyways...weekends are the hardest part of this journey. I will say...I'm getting better...

    ReplyDelete