Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Hello everybody! I'm not sure any of you are even following me anymore since I have been such a sporadic blogger lately. I appreciate anyone who is still checking in on me. I promise to do better. This time I mean it.

My kids go back to school (after this latest three week break) on Monday. I should have more time to commit to blogging then.

Now for the numbers. Let me just say that the numbers are not great. This morning the scale read 170.5. That is up 3 pounds from the last time I recorded my weight. That means I GAINED 3.5 pounds in October. My first monthly gain of the year. :(

Well, I don't have much to say about it except that the reason for the gain is that I have totally been eating off plan. I have ate and ate a lot of Halloween candy. The self-discipline has not been there. Had I not been exercising the whole time, I can only imagine what the gain would be.

I was all prepared to post about how over the next two months my goal would be just to maintain where I am at right now and then start anew in January, after the holidays. Well, I think that may have been a bit of a cop out. I also saw on a couple of blogs that some people are doing a November throw-down challenge between themselves and one other blogger. I thought that is just what I would need to stay motivated! So I asked (challenged) the beautiful Leah over at My New Ending to do the throw down challenge with me. She has accepted! Leah is making us a badge now. Stay tuned for all the details.

The truth is, I am not at maintenance weight and should not be happy with maintaining. I need to learn to develop better eating habits over the holidays and now is as good as a time than any. I'm pretty sure I gained at least 5 pounds last year over the holidays, so something has to change.

I would love for you all to share your favorite "holiday eating tips" with me. I sure could use them.

6 comments:

  1. I am still following along....and I look forward to hearing about this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best tip is take everything you make in a container you can leave behind. Then you don't bring home leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bring healthy things like fruit and veggie platters and then I bring them in a room AWAY from the junk. If they line the dining room table up with the desserts then I put my fruit and veggie trays in the kitchen or the living room and then hang around in that room munching the good stuff and staying away from the junk. :0) And people tend to go grab a dessert and come sit down and talk to me in the other room so it works out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course we are still following!!!! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now it's time to buckle down and get rid of those 3 pounds! I'm rooting for Barbara! We're in this together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think many of us can resist Halloween candy that's laying around the house. Since my kids don't trick or treat anymore I ended up dumping what was left of our candy in the bag of the neighbor boy who came to the door just minutes before trick or treating was over. LOL! I have no willpower over Milky Ways!

    Like you, I think it's important to get your eating to a good place before the holidays get under way. It's hard to make changes during the season when there are so many temptations.

    ReplyDelete