Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Thanks everybody for your nice comments yesterday. You all are good for my ego! :)

Today was my weigh-in day and it went well! I weighed in at 178 for a loss of 1.5 pounds! That brings my grand total to 27.5 pounds lost. Woo hoo! I felt really great about my week this past week and am glad that the scale reflects that.

I have decided that cardio really is a big key for me. Last week, I focused only on cardio because I was preparing for the 5K. I was diligent in my cardio everyday and ran 3 times last week. I always see good results on the scale when I am doing well with my cardio.

I know that strength training is important too. I definitely like the toning effect and I know muscle burns fat so I will not stop doing it. I will be careful to continue to include cardio in my workout schedule on the days I have my strength class.

Today I'm going to lunch at The Corner Bakery Cafe. I have never been there and just looked up their menu online. I love that it has easily accessible nutritional info next to each menu item (except for bakery goods). I can't believe how many calories in their Paninis though! Wowzer! I will be having soup and salad. And I'm sure I'll get a treat, too.

What do you do when you go out? Do you check menus ahead of time? Are you often as surprised as I am by how many calories are in some of your favorite meals? Do you get frustrated that some restaurants don't offer nutritional info for their foods or it is really hard to find on the website? Just curious!

Well, I had a short walk with friends this morning but I think I better hop on the treadmill for another mile or two so too offset that cookie or brownie I'm sure to have today!

Happy Wednesday everybody!

8 comments:

  1. Great job on the loss! Whoohooo! :)

    I always look at a online menu before I go out to eat. We have a bakery type place and they have some crazy sandwich combos but if I see that it is loaded with cheese, mayo or any other sauces I knew would not be good- I make up my own sandwich- plain or with mustard. One of the places actually has squeezable pouches of low fat mayo in the back by the utensils whoohoo! :) I love being able to eat healthy out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I know I'm going out I try to check out the nutritional info or at least the menu so I know what I'm getting in advance. I do get really frustrated when restaurants don't have nutritional info. That happens especially with local businesses, not so much with chains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to have something like a soup or a salad. Noncreamy, and emphasizing flavors rather than decadence.

    But sometimes it is worth a rare indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on yet more weight gone - 30 pounds will be here before you know it!

    I like to check restaurant's menus online so I don't get any surprises (like those paninis). Good deal that you are adding some extra walking to pre-burn off a treat!

    And yeah, cardio really helps with the weight loss. I've noticed a difference since I started running more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice week you had there!

    I do like to check menus online before I go, when possible. And it's wonderful when I can check a few days a head of time so that if I spot something a little decadent I'd like to try, I can limit any splurge-ettes prior to going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your loss and your continued commitment to exercise! You are almost down 30! WOOT! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was hard-core about calorie counting, I wouldn't go to a restaurant that didn't have a well defined nutritional menu. It simply wasn't worth it to me.

    Great loss btw!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great loss! You're doing fantastic!

    Oh, I always look up calories before I go out! ALWAYS. I do get super annoyed when the info is hard to find. Ugh. :)

    ReplyDelete