Monday, May 3, 2010

Oh Please, not this week!

Last week I was bragging to a friend that since I've started this journey I have been really healthy. There have been a couple of times when I have felt a cold coming on, but it never really developed into anything. I have attributed it to my healthier eating and exercise. Well, you'll never guess how I feel right now.

That's right...I feel crummy! I am sick! It came upon me suddenly on Saturday night. I felt like a truck had hit me and I have a full fledged cold. I did rest a lot yesterday and skipped my 5:30 a.m. class this morning so I could sleep in. Usually if I rest a lot when I first feel something coming on it doesn't develop into much. I'm hoping rest will help this go away SOON!

I think I may have stressed myself into this one. This week is a very busy week. We have our usual soccer/baseball games and practices. Besides that, my daughter has a band concert and I am in charge of our neighborhood Cubscout Pack Meeting. I also have commitments to help with Teacher Appreciation week a couple of times this week. Oh...and let's not forget that Saturday morning is the Race for the Cure! Also, my hubby got tickets for us to attend a NBA playoff game on Saturday night (GO JAZZ!) for a Mother's Day date. Yes, this is a great gift for me, I love sports!

I think all of the excitement about what is going on Saturday and all the busy days leading up to the weekend got me all stressed out. Apparently, just thinking about upcoming stress (good and bad) doesn't bode well for my body. It's true. I am often sick for vacations. I get so excited and my body can't handle it! :)

Having said all that, here is my plan for the week. My plan is to run tomorrow and Thursday. I planned on walking today, but think I will pass on exercise today. I will walk with my friend on Wednesday and Friday.

Some have asked what my goal is for the 5K on Saturday. I have a goal to run a whole 5K this year, but I don't think that will happen on Saturday. I have yet to run 3 miles. In fact, the most I can run is 1.5 miles at one time. I did that this past Saturday and then added another 1/3 of a mile after walking some. So my goal for Saturday is to finish it in 38 minutes. I have set this goal based on my times from the two previous 5K's I have participated in over the last couple of years.

I think I should feel well enough by Saturday. I just hope the energy level will be there for my training this week and for race day.

If any of you have quick remedies for getting rid of this cold, let me know! I think I will enjoy the next couple of hours I have to myself before I pick up my kindergartner by resting and watching a show I have DVR'd. Have a great day everybody!

8 comments:

  1. Gosh, I'm sorry you're feeling crummy; stay in today and rest; chicken noodle soup, orange juice and mega-vitamin C can't hurt either. Sorry I'm working I would come out and take care of you, (which I'm sure is just what you would want.) :)
    Maybe you need to cancel some of your committments for this week; I know you're determind to run the 5K on Saturday so you should be as healthy as you can.
    Anyway, have I mentioned lately how AWESOME my daughter looks? Barb..soon you need to post a picture so your blogger friends can see for themselves.
    OK..just a friendly note from your Mom...love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally stinks!! Rest, rest, rest. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rest! and dont junk out. (i always junk out when im sick)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I hope you feel better soon! Maybe your early rest will make it go away! Shoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got a lot going on! Hopefully you are getting some good rest and will feel both recharged and better soon!

    Oh, and I am impressed with your goal of finishing the 5K in 38 minute, with walking part of it...my first two 5K's were over 38 minutes and I ran the whole way (man, I AM a slow runner, lol!). I can't wait to hear all about the race - I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better and don't run sick!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get to feeling better so you can do all the things on your list this week.

    Good luck with your 5K that is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete