Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Today is my official weigh-in day. I skipped last week's weigh-in because I was on vacation. I have to admit I was really nervous a few days ago about this upcoming weigh-in. I had gained weight on my vacation and was preparing myself for a gain and for possibly being officially back in the 180's.

The last couple of days have been great days, though. I have eaten on track and exercised really well. In fact yesterday I went to my strength class, then walked 2.25 miles on the treadmill and later on mowed the lawn and did some weeding. On top of all the exercise, I had a dentist appt. that left my mouth numb for hours and so lunch was late and consisted of a banana and greek yogurt. Yesterday may have skewed today's results a little and I may be right back to where I was tomorrow, but today is my official weigh-in day so TODAY is what counts. :)

Anyway, the scale read 187 for a loss (over 2 weeks) of 1 lb and a total loss of 28.5 lbs. Hooray! I overcame the vacation! I am really happy about this. I can't believe I am only 1.5 pounds away from 30 lost.

The friend I walk with has decided she wants to start running so we added a bit of running into our walk today. We ran further than we've ever ran together, which isn't very far, but still further. I think running with her will help me. I have been doing okay running on the treadmill, but once I get outside I just don't seem to do as well. I think having someone to run with who will push me and I will also push her will help me become a runner outside.

I think we're going to sign up for a 5k that is coming up in July and then another one in September. Our goal will be to run the whole thing in September (although July would be great, too). And next year we will set our sights on a 10k.

I hope everyone is having a great hump day and looking forward to a long weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Yay for the loss! I'm so impressed by people who run (for fun), I'm not there yet but I hope that one day I can join in on the 5k since so many of you seem to really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss! :) Thats cool you have a friend to exercise with! 5 K! You Rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO Hoo on the loss!!!!! And on vacation too!!

    This is a good sign...you see, you're being careful about your health even on vacation and it showed during your weigh-in. Great job!

    I hope to get back to running soon. You'll do fine on your 5Ks. Good for you for setting more goals for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo yea...I am totally looking forward to a long weekend! By the way, congrats on your loss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! It's always a relief when any vacation pounds disappear quickly when you're back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY, BARB!!!! I'm so dang happy for you! 30 is a big number! And here it is, 6 months since you've started and you are still going strong. You are inspirational! Way to go! <3 Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to undo the vacation damage quickly. It really does work when you get back on track within days rather than weeks. *smile*

    Congratulations on not dilly dallying around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for you to have a running buddy AND to be working toward the 5K race - you will love it!!!

    Nice work countering the vacation poundage!

    ReplyDelete