Friday, April 30, 2010

And the winner is.......

Good morning! Let me just start out with a little venting. I woke up this morning to see 2 inches of SNOW on my lawn! What the heck! I know Spring in my part of the world can be a bit temperamental, but this is just downright ridiculous! I am so glad my 5K is not tomorrow. So far the forecast for next Saturday looks to be okay. Thanks for all your comments and advice on yesterday's post. I will let you all know my plan for next week on Monday.
On to the good stuff. The winner of my Yoplait Yogurt Nourish Your Inner Goddess giveaway was randomly drawn by my daughter this morning. The winning comment was #21. That is Ashley, a new follower of mine. Congrats, Ashley! Email me your mailing address to barbgetshealthy@gmail.com and I will send the info off to the people at blogspark and Yoplait so they can send off your gift pack.

I have more to giveaway today. It may not be as exciting as free stuff but it means a lot to me. A few days back the lovely blogger from Journey Beyond Survival awarded me this award on her blog:


If you haven't read her blog, go check it out. I really admire the honest way she blogs about her journey and the different challenges she faces. I think she is one courageous, graceful woman.

Here are the "rules" for this award:

1-Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER! — So wonderful. (Check)

2- Choose one of the following and post it on a blog post.

(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus. (That could be entertaining, but I don't drink alcohol)

(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment. This is the one I choose. If you have been following me for awhile you probably remember this post about my shoe fitting. I think that whole situation has taken over the top spot of my most embarrassing moment EVER! And I sure hope it stays as my top embarrassing moment. Since I already shared that one, I'll share another.
In 9th grade my Spanish class was participating in some kind of competition. I can't even remember what I did for it, but a couple of my friends were doing a skit and being judged on that. After my competition was over, I saw my friends sitting down and having a conversation. I ran up to them and said, "How did your skit go?". My friend looked at me and said, "We're still doing it." That is when I looked off to the side and saw the judges lined up watching them. Duh! I grabbed my mom and left as quickly as I could and cried on the way home I was so embarrassed.

(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post. (I'm not that creative)

(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever. (I would love to do this, but my camera has had probs downloading video)

(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, make up, etc)and post it. (NO WAY! I'm too vein for this. :) But look for new pics soon.)

3. Pass the award on to at least three, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.

It is always hard for me to choose which bloggers to recognize because I love so many! I think I will just make a short list here, so I don't include too many, thus leaving out only a few. Does that make sense? Anyway, I award the Oh My Bl0g! award to:

1. Lisa at No more Diet Drama- I just love her! She is funny and always encouraging. We started our blogs at about the same time and I consider her a great comrade in this battle.

2. Leah at My new Ending- I always appreciate her comments of encouragement. And I really like that she has just done her first 5K and offers great encouragement that way. Also, I think the name of her blog, "my new ending" is just fabulous!

3. Erica at Run Mommy Run- She just makes me smile! Her posts make me smile and so does her picture that sets alongside her always upbeat comments.

4. Kyle at Getting Better and Better- I don't want to be sexist here and he seems to be my only male follower. That isn't the main reason though. I really appreciate his posts and comments, they truly help others to get better and better.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. That you for the award :)

    I think I would seriously cry if I saw snow this time of year. Well...I guess since I'm in sunny FL it would be weird, but that is crazy!! Snow! Ick. I won't tell you how gorgeous our weather is...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny - I just gave Kyle this award, too - he should have to do two things from the list, dontcha think?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Barbara. I don't drink either. And I've got to protect the super spy secret identity. My parents were strict so the sound track would have been Karen Carpenter. So that leaves embarrassment. :)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award!!! Snow blimy i hope it doesn't blow this way!!! :0)

    good luck for the 5km i'm sure it'll be great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having some weird weather everywhere huh? Hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Barbara for the award! Am I really the only guy??? I just like to hang out with the beautiful ladies..what can I say?

    I'll think about Shelley's request to do 2 of the award requirements...no promises.

    Fingers crossed for good weather for you...so looking forward to your post race report. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snow? Are you kidding me? I wish you would do the Vlog... it would be fun to hear your voice. You inspire me to keep up with my running!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the award! I am just catching up on blogs and will get on this.
    By the way - You are too kind with your comments. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete