Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday and Inspiration needed

Good morning, bloggers! Today's weigh-in was 176.5 for a loss of .5 and a total loss of 29 lbs. I sure hope to reach the 30 lb milestone next week! I have to say, I have gotten back on my regular exercise schedule since my vacation but my eating wasn't the greatest this past week. It may have something to do with the holiday weekend. I made mostly good decisions, but could have done better. So I am not surprised by the little loss. However, I have had many of those losses in this journey. I continue, to believe this is the best way for me. I have never felt overly deprived as far as my diet goes and I really feel like I can eat this way the rest of my life, which is what it will take to maintain once I reach my weight goal. But, for whatever reason I feel a bit down today and wish the pounds were coming off a little faster.

I don't know if anyone has noticed that I haven't been blogging as much lately, but I haven't. I have been pretty busy and haven't made as much time for blogging. Also, Spring has FINALLY arrived here in Utah (some of you were wondering where I live)! Hooray, I love Spring! I know Summer is right around the corner, but I'll enjoy Spring for however long we get it. With Spring and Summer comes yard work, which means even less time for blogging.

Another big reason for my lack of blogging has been lack of inspiration for what to blog about. So I'm here to ask those readers that are still around, what do you want to see on blogs? What do your favorite blogs have? Do you like menu and exercise updates? Do you like random, personal things? Do you like reviews of products? Help me out here, please.

I have maintained that this blog is a big part of my journey so I don't want to let it fall by the wayside. In fact, my blog is kind of symbolic for me. It is a symbol of commitment to this journey. I worry, that if I stop blogging I will stop short of meeting my goals.

I plan on catching up on reading blogs later today. I have read some recently and not taken the time to comment. I want you all to know how much I appreciate your efforts to blog so often and you continue to inspire me. YOU ALL are a big part of my journey, too. Thanks for being in my life.

6 comments:

  1. you manage to stay so positive-good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're getting Spring; we're getting Summer. What's really odd is that you'll have Fall and Winter long before we do. :)

    To me, blogging has a natural ebb and flow, like life. I don't expect bloggers to come up with something every day, even if I do miss them when they don't post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for spring and yay for you sticking to your plan. I like to see a mix of all the things you mentioned. Do whatever you feel...it's your blog afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to hear about people. Celebrate their victories, pat their backs and send kisses in sorrow, and poke them with a tazer when they slack off.

    Okay, just kidding. But I'm a people fan. I also like to hear about some of the deeper emotional issues in a struggle, but I know that those can be just too personal especially if you are the 'real' you. I'm fake. :) so it doesn't matter.

    Do what's right for you. Post weekly, thrice weekly, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being down and almost at 30 pounds. I agree that if the weight loss happens slowly it gives you time to adjust mentally and get use to the new life style. Once we decide to lose weight we all want it to be instant!

    I am new to blogging but in my prep for starting a blog I read that the quality of posts are more important than frequency.

    I like learning something about the blogger. I am a people person and I like to feel like I am getting to know them. Now having said that it has taken me a while to feel comfortable about getting so personal myself.

    I think you have to blog about what you like to share. If you love it, find it interesting or helpful most likely others will too.

    I visit blogs that share recipes, struggles and success with living a healthy life style, product reviews,books,exercise,random thoughts,photos of things in their daily life,and weight loss tips.

    I am struggling right now with how often to post myself. I have so much I want to talk about but it sure does take a lot of time to be a blogger. It takes time to post comments on other blogs. I feel like if I visit a blog I need to leave a comment unless it is one of the blogs that gets tons of comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay - you showed a loss during a holiday weekend!! You're so close to 30 pounds lost and I know you'll reach it soon.

    As for your blog, I enjoy what you do already. Personally, I enjoy writing so while much of my posting is about what's going on in my weight loss journey, other times I'm inspired by ideas that I can put a weight-loss twist on and write about.

    I think blogging is like journaling. Barbara, I enjoy whatever you want to write about and whenever you can/feel like writing.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete