Monday, August 9, 2010

I'm Still Alive!

Hello to all my fellow bloggers! I have really been MIA lately, haven't I? I just wanted to check in for a quick hello just in case you all are missing me. Mostly because I am missing the blogging and am afraid it may be effecting my eating. Ahhhh! I have not done so well in the eating department as of late. I think I need to post just to remind myself what my goals are.

This week will be a challenge in the eating department. It is my birthday next Monday. My hubby calls it birthday week because my family really likes to celebrate. Although, that has toned down quite a bit. Taking three kids to restaurants was not too fun when they were little. Anyway, tomorrow is the start of celebrating. I am to have lunch with my mom and Granny Auntie. We are going to the Corner Bakery. I will scout out their website beforehand and try to make a good decision.

Later this week we have family in town and will be getting together for dinner. I think we are going to go to a local Mexican restaurant. Eeeks! And then on Sunday I will be celebrating with my parents and my in-laws. I will be enjoying a piece of my mom's German Chocolate cake with homemade coconut-pecan frosting. Yummy! The truth is, I may even enjoy a piece of it for breakfast on my actual birthday the next day! I know, I know. No judging, please.

There you have it. A challenge certainly awaits me. But I am up for the challenge. I plan on making the best possible choices when I am out and sticking to my plan when I am eating at home.

As far as exercise goes I have done well in that department. I am preparing for my 5K on Saturday. So far my best 5K time in the neighborhood is 36.12. I will run one tomorrow. I would love to get under 36 minutes! We shall see.

The kiddos go back to school in one week so life should stabilize a little then. Ha ha! Does it ever calm down? School just brings more stuff, doesn't it?

I really hope to catch up on some blogs tonight when my kids go to bed. I have missed you all and I do think about you! I hope to get back in the blogging groove after next week. Take care!

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and have fun on your birthday week! I have a particular fondness for birthday cake and no matter how much I tell myself that birthday cake has no calories (so long as you are the birthday girl, that is) I know deep down it's not really true. Might I suggest something in the angel food topped with fresh fruit area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY B DAY
    YOUR DOING AMAZING GIRL
    THIS MONTH ALONE ALMOST 6 POUNDS
    THATS GREAT
    KEEP IT UP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you get to enjoy your birthday for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have missed you! Keep up the good work on the exercise. Worry about the eating after the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your birthday week!!! :)

    I'm with you in thinking things will slow down once school is back in session, but then...I remember that soccer and ballet both start up again, so really it's BUSY. I think the "slow" part is having quiet in the house during the day, and time to go to the gym. We'll see.

    Have a great time with your family and good luck on your 5K if I don't stop by before then. I'm so proud of you for being a 36 minutes!! As the more hip kids say, "YOU ROCK!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your new PR! That's always so exciting! Good luck getting under 36 minutes! You can totally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Barbara, I don't have a lot of time to read blogs lately but I wanted to stop by and thank you for the kind words of support you left on my blog. It's a difficult time for our family and the support we are receiving from others means the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a good birthday week!! By the way, allow yourself to enjoy your time with your family and friends. Though there will be lots of temptations, there is always a way out!!! Remember that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Enjoy that chocolate cake, and kick butt at your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!! German Chocolate cake with Pecan frosting is my favorite!! Have a bite for me!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My birthday is next week, too, if you'd care to send me some of that cake! :)
    I know you'll be glad to get back to your routine, but I'm glad you're taking time to enjoy your birthday!

    ReplyDelete