Monday, August 30, 2010

Guess What I'm Wearing?

Good Monday, bloggers! At least I hope you are all having a good Monday. I am.
What am I wearing, you ask? I am wearing a new outfit I bought for the fall since fall is just around the corner. It seems like fall decided to make an early appearance today and it is a bit chillier here than is normal. Anyway, I am wearing long pants and a long sleeve shirt today. Guess what size the pants are? Guess! If you guessed a size 12, you are correct! That is right I am wearing my first size 12's in a few years. It feels great. I have been trying on the 12's in my closet and I can get them on, but they are just a bit too tight for me to feel comfortable wearing out. When I went to buy some new clothes, I decided to buy 12's since I knew I would be there soon. This particular pair just happens to fit right now! Hopefully, I can say the same once I wash them the first time.

I had a great weekend. I can now say my birthday (Aug. 16th) is officially over. On Saturday, we celebrated one last time. This is how we celebrated:



My hubby and I took our girls to see "The Lion King" Broadway show. No, not in New York. We went to the travelling show in our capitol city. When I found out it was coming here, I said that is what I wanted to do for my birthday. I have long wanted to go to this particular show and it did not disappoint. The costumes were amazing! I'm grateful for a generous husband, who bought us great seats. We have had the tickets since February, so it was long anticipated. Now, it is kind of a bummer that it is over. It is always nice to have things to look forward to.

Today I worked out on the dreadmill....I mean the treadmill. The weather was lightening and raining this morning so we didn't go on our early morning walk. I put on my workout clothes then anyway, but didn't actually work out until 11:00 a.m. And believe me, my friends, it was a close call. I almost didn't do it.

But I talked myself into getting on the treadmill. I tried to run on the treadmill at the same pace as I do outside, but couldn't sustain it for very long. But I did run for 27 minutes and two miles straight, which is a treadmill distance record for me. I ended up doing a 5K at an okay time. Then I hopped on the exercise bike for 30 minutes. I must say, I felt much better after than I would have had I not done it.

I figure, I better get used to the treadmill again since winter is approaching. Today was a practice run. Hopefully, I still have a good 2-3 months left before I have to make a daily date with Mr. Dred.

I hope you are all well. I promise to catch up on some blogs tonight and tomorrow.

Well, I hope you are all well out there. I promise to read some blogs later tonight and tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for your 12s...the Lion King is a great production...I'm glad you had a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay for size 12 Barbara!!! That is a great accomplishment you should feel proud of! I am so happy for you!

    As for the dreadmill(I gotta tell you I love that you called it that..haha) I usually feel the same way. I dread getting on it. And now that I am slowed up by this darn ankle(in case you hadnt seen all the whining and pouting on my blog today) I am actually WISHING I was capable of getting on. Who knew? Maybe it was just what I needed to make me appreciate it(if that is possible..hehe).

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been making the occasional trip to the gym for cardio, too! "Practice" for December-March. :)

    And a great big HOORAY for size 12s that fit perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for size 12's - that is just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like fitting into a smaller size. It's so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clothes really are a great motivator to keep you on the path, aren't they?

    BTW, if you hate the treadmill, have you considered an exercise DVD for cardio? I just bought a new one that I love. It's called The Firm Cardio Party. It's about 40 minutes long and I'm drenched in sweat when I'm done-but the time, oddly enough, passes quickly when I'm doing this one. Thought I'd share that-oh, and I think it was only like $11, a good bargain for an alternative to the dreadmill. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the jeans! You and your daughters are too cute! Pink is one of my favorite solors, so I must say that I love their shirts. :) Nice job on the dreadmill! I'm glad I'm not the only person who goes slower inside. From what I hear, most people do the opposite (run faster on the dread than outside). I usually do my recovery run on the treadmill at 4 mph. Whoa, yea, 15:00 miles. You rock the treadmill!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the 12s! Can't wait til I'm there, too.

    There's an award for you on my blog!
    :)
    J

    ReplyDelete