Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Weigh-In-Wedndesday

Hello, everybody! I have been kind of MIA from the blogsphere the last few days. Sorry, for not commenting on your great blogs. I have read a few here and there, but never seem to have much time for reading and commenting. Let alone posting. The kiddos start school in 10 days so things are a bit crazy around here trying to enjoy the last days of summer. I may be pretty inconsistent until they get in school.

Today was a weigh-in day so let's get to all the gory details. This morning I weighed 171 for a gain of 1.5 pounds. :( Well, the 160's were nice for the day they lasted! I knew that the great losses in July were to good to last, but I was really hoping to be able to maintain. Deep breath. It's okay. I am hoping to get back into the 160's at next week's weigh-in and then maintain it.

Last week I really wanted to have a great eating week all week long and it started out better than past weeks, but in the end I still had a couple of not-so-great eating days. And the scale proves that. This week will be better.

My strength training class started up again yesterday. We worked on lower body and boy can I feel it this morning. Taking a few weeks off is never a good idea, apparently. Unfortunately, I was too sore to get out and run this morning. Hopefully, later I will be able to get on the bike or treadmill. This month's goal will be to find balance in my workouts. Or really, to find a way to still do cardio on the days I do strength training. That is something I slacked a bit on before. I'm sure more cardio in July is what helped me have good losses so I don't want to lose that.

My next 5K is just 10 days away. I'm really excited! I am working on a couple of friends to do it with me. My running partner will be out of town so I may be doing it solo. That may not be terrible because then I could go at my own pace. We shall see.

Well, I hope everybody has a great day. I will try to catch up on some blogs today and show my support. My google reader says I am not following any blogs! Does anyone know what may have happened there? If it stays that way, I am glad I recently updated my blog list with all of my faves! I guess I'll be checking out other people's lists now to find new (and old) blogs to follow.

9 comments:

  1. The start of school is a special time for families, isn't it? Nothing is more exciting or nerve-wracking to kids than the start of school, so it is understandable that you were busy.

    Good luck on the upcoming 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That happened to me once with Google Reader. I logged out and restarted and all my blogs were there to read! Don't worry, you'll see those 160's again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure I will be right there with you tomorrow when I weigh in and see a gain :( Have to wait and see. But your gain wasnt too much so dont stress over it! Good luck on your 5k! Are you so excited?!?!?! I am thinking of doing one at the end of this month but I really want to wait and see what the weather is going to be. The last time I tried to run in 90degree+ humid weather it almost turned me off to running all together. This summer has been so humid. Its the humidity that gets me. The air is so thick. Yuck.

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! And keep searching for that balance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back - I remember the start of the school year and all the preparations and chaos that goes along with it...good news is that soon you will have some quiet days!

    You are doing GREAT with your running and will totally rock the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the 5K I'm sure your going to knock it out the box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there...you still look 160s to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there and keep your great attitude. You'll see those 160's again soon.

    Have fun with your kids these last days before school starts up again. We start in exactly two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ontinue to enjoy these last few days of the children's holidays. It's great time to build memories.

    I have just looked at your weight loss history and you've lost 40 pounds this year. That's impressive. You can do this.

    ReplyDelete