Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

This will be a short post. Just five more days left until the first day of school and we are definitely making the most of the five days.....so busy, busy! I really would have rather skipped this post but know I shouldn't skip on accountability. This morning the scale read 171.5 for a .5 pound gain. That is two pounds gained in two weeks. Obviously the scale is moving in the wrong way! I can only hope to maintain this without any further gains for my next weigh-in, with this week being my birthday week and all. I promise myself and you all that after the kids are back in school and my birthday is over that I WILL get back on track. And don't think that I am already throwing in the towel this week, I will eat sensibly this week as well.

I think I may need to kick/change up my exercise in order to see the results I want. Once the kiddos get back in school, I think I'll try adding a couple of miles to my run/walks a couple of days a week. Most days I do about 3 miles so this will bring me up to 5 miles.

On a more positive note, I reached a new 5K PR. I set out yesterday to do it in less than 36 minutes. My final time was 35:54. I actually ran the first two miles without walking, which is also a first for me. It felt great! I hope I can do at least as well on Saturday for the official 5K race. I am not sure how many people to expect. If there are a lot of people, the start could be slower than usual. But I am hoping adrenaline will kick in and make up for it.

Have a great day everybody!

9 comments:

  1. You did great by being accountable even when you didn't want to.

    I totally understand the maintaining right now. My summer has ended up being that way, but I'm like you and going to really get back on track when the kids are back...in one week.

    Have a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about the slight gain. Getting the kids off to school does shift our priorities. Good luck on your 5K race. Your progress is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the 5k! Awesome improvement! Good luck at at your race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing. Up a couple, down one, then down two, then up again. Frustrating...I am losing, slow but sure!! Keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have remained faithful to being accountable. Sometimes what is happening in our lives takes our focus off eating for weight loss. That's not a big deal when you take a long term view and know you will continue to do good.

    Wishing you a very happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new PR! Proof-positive that progress is not always based on the scale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things will get easier once the kiddos are back in school - having a bit of "mom time" will be so much easier to find.

    Great job on your 5K PR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on your running!!! By the way...don't you get discouraged about that stupid scale. You've got this :)

    ReplyDelete