Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Good morning, everybody! This is my second post in two days, wow! Maybe I will get back to regular blogging afterall. Today the scale read, 166.5 for a loss of 2 pounds. Woo hoo! My total loss is 39 pounds. Double woo hoo! It has all come off slowly over the past 9 months and so it doesn't seem like that much, untill I actually think about how much 39 pounds is. 11 more to go to reach my goal for the year. Let's hope I keep losing and don't follow this good week with a gain as I have been accustomed to over the last couple of months. There's nothing more aggravating than having to lose the same pounds over and over.

Yesterday I alluded to some problems with cookies I have been having lately. I now have three kids and a husband that I pack lunches for a few times a week so I hit Costco for some lunch items. Yes, I bought boxes of chips and cookies. Not good, I know. I do throw in a sandwich and fruit, I promise. Well, for some reason the cookies have been a weakness for me. I have been eating at least a bag (250 cals) a day. If anyone knows any good tricks to help me get back my self-discipline I had going on so well in the beginning of this journey, clue me in please.

Thank goodness, for exercise. Yesterday, after my strength class I did a 5K on my own. My time was 35:00 flat. Really, no more no less! Leo doesn't lie. It wasn't a personal best, but it was close and I was happy with it. I am suppose to run a 5K this weekend. But now it is looking like that may not work out. Bummer. I would really like to finally participate in an official 5K.

Have a happy day!

7 comments:

  1. What an amazing time for your 5km.
    Congratulations on the loss too!
    You are doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My starting weight was 215.2 so... ugh... I feel your pain... and your 39+ pound loss is a huge deal... healthy, steady, reasonable, doable. You're doing awesome! I'm 3 months into my plan and have lost 20.2 and I already feel such a difference... I know you have to feel ten feet tall and bullet proof!
    *hugs*
    heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get to run an official 5K soon - your time is great! Congratulations on losing another 2 pounds...you are so close...can you feel it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. your doing great!!! It has been awhile since I have been in blog land but wow your really getting there! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 pounds is an excellent loss! Woo-hoo!

    Can you keep ziploc the cookies and keep them in the freezer? You could toss them in the lunch bags and they'd be thawed by lunchtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I missed this.....

    YAY FOR THE 2-POUND LOSS!!! You are SO CLOSE to 40 pounds gone...forever!! Way to go!!

    As for cookies, I keep stuff in the pantry and then it's out of sight, out of mind. Beck would suggest making yourself a "NO CHOICE" rule for those items you tend to give in to. Tell yourself that you don't have a choice - you WILL NOT have those cookies. When you are tempted tell yourself, audibly if you must, that there's no choice. They are off limits and you are going to obey yourself.

    She calls it building up your resistance muscle versus building your giving-in muscle. You have to choose which one you want to be stronger and each time to don't give in (listen to NO CHOICE) your resistance muscle will get stronger.

    Good luck! I'm still working on NO CHOICE myself, definitely easier said than done. :)

    Sorry if you missed your 5K. I'll wish one opens up quickly for you to take part in. They are fun and made one feel so accomplished to have done a "real" race.

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete