Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Monday!

Hello, my friends. I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday, thus far. Mine is going great. That's right, a great Monday. Why so great? You see, after a VERY hectic week last week, in which everyday seemed to be filled with committments I actually have no where I have to be today. I have dedicated this day to cleaning (and a little blogging). I don't think I have ever been so excited to have a day of cleaning. I have vacuumed, mopped my floors, deep cleaned my kitchen and washed and dried 4 loads of laundry (folding will come after blogging).

I think last week was the first week since I started this journey way back in January that my exercise was really off track. When I turned my Garmin on today, Leo showed that the last routine was TEN days ago! I did run on the treadmill last Monday and with the kids for their jog-a-thon at school on Friday, but that was the extent of my running or walking. I think I hopped on the exercise bike a couple of times, but that was it.

Factor the little exercise in with some poor food choices (involving drive- thrus) and the scale is up. Last Wednesday I was celebrating 40 pounds lost, this Wednesday I will be happy with a small gain if that is all. Today the scale was up 2 1/2 pounds. I have a couple of days to get it down before my official weigh-in. I got back on track this morning by meeting my friends for our interval training of 3.5 miles and I did the exercise bike for 40 minutes. Exercise should not be a problem this week. Hallelujah!

On a happy note...I am still getting a ton of compliments! I think it helps that I have bought new church clothes that are my correct size. So people, please stop wearing the too big, baggy clothes when you have shrunk a bit. Go out and get something new, you are totally worth it! Maybe I'll post pics of my new outfits another day.

I hope you are all well and staying on track.

9 comments:

  1. Love the compliments....something to hold on to on the rough days for sure!!!

    Here is to a better week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!!

    Also noticing that I'm getting more compliments as I wear clothes that are the correct size instead of the too-big items.

    I also love to have a day of housecleaning after a busy week! Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember those compliments to get you back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see the new clothes. I do think clothes that fit make a huge difference! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah for rewarding yourself with new clothes!You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent you an email, Barbara...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey ma'am...where are you? I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We can all relate to this post Barbara. How many of us have never had an off week or two? It sounds like you are keeping a positive attitude like always! That's why I love visiting your blog, it's a no excuses, no whining zone. LOL!

    ReplyDelete