Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy 100th Post to Me!

Happy Monday everybody! I know it has been awhile since I posted. Summer has been crazy around here. Our summer break is only 6 weeks long, which is actually quite long for around here. Because we have so many kids and not enough schools around here we are on a year round school schedule. 3/4 of the kids are in school at one time and 1/4 is on break. The rest of the kids start next week and most only had a 3 week summer break. Anyway, we like to cram a lot in during our breaks. Good thing we have 6 weeks off this time!


I must admit my eating has not been very stellar this week. I need to learn to moderate myself better when life happens. What happened you say? Well, the amusement park happened, we had a pic-nic with friends and my hubby's company party happened. I will try to do better the rest of the summer. But I do know it could have been worse.


And because I am still weighing myself everyday (nope, I couldn't stay away from the scale) I know the scale could be worse (and it could be better). I've decided weighing myself everyday is the best way to keep myself in check and I feel fairly confident that I can manage how I react to the number on the scale. I do hope to get to the point one day that I don't feel it necessarily to weigh myself everyday to stay on track.

Another thing that I can use for motivation is the fact that I went swimsuit shopping on Saturday. Ugggh! Even 30 lbs. later, I still hate swimsuit shopping. I definitely know I really want to lose the last 20 pounds now , if I wasn't sure before. I know that even after I reach my goal swimsuit shopping won't be fun (I've had 3 kids after all) but it will be better. I did find a cute, flattering swimsuit though. I did spend a lot more than I ever have before, but it will be worth it when I take the kids swimming later this week.

As my title states, this is my 100th post! Hooray for me! For me, this blog is a symbol of my dedication to healthy living. And 100 posts just proves to me that I am doing well and keeping my New Year's Resolution, even 7 months after making it.

I have updated my blog a little in honor of the occasion. I also saved an award that was given to me by I Said So and Whitney for today! So thank you to J and Whitney for thinking of me! Here is the award:





Now I am suppose to tell you 7 things about myself. I feel like I have done this a few times before so I'll try to think of new things. Hmmmmm....here it goes.


1.) I'm pretty good at picking things up with my toes.


2.) I don't like to leave the house without lipstick on. It makes me feel pretty, oh so pretty!


3.) I once won a trip to the Academy of Country Music Awards from a radio station. It was 2 days straight of country music. I loved it! I had the opportunity to get Taylor Swift's autograph, but didn't see the point of standing in line to get some unknown 15-year-olds autograph. :)


4.) I go through reading spurts and read a ton and then find myself not picking up a book for a couple of months. I'm trying to get back to reading (and off the internet right now) so if you have any suggestions, let me know.


5.) I love to read celebrity gossip. I browse the magazines at the check stand, surf the internet and watch Entertainment Tonight when I can. It is my guilty pleasure.


6.) I dreamed of being a sport's announcer when I was a girl. Now I just play one from my couch or the sidelines of my kid's games.


7.) I recently found my old Steve Miller Band, Simon & Garfunkel, Eagles, Indigo Girls CD's and was so excited to put them on my Ipod. They bring back so many memories from my freshman year in college. And no, I'm not that old. The bands (with the exception of Indigo Girls) were classic bands when I first started listening to them! Isn't it crazy how music can make us recall so many memories just like that.


Now I'm suppose to pass this award on to some newly discovered bloggers. I feel like I just did that a few weeks ago with another award so I'm not going to do that part today. I will direct you to my newly updated blog list on my side bar. I just updated it and it has all my new (and old) favorites on it. If anyone wants to accept this award on their own blog, I award it to you. I always love reading new things about my favorite bloggers.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

  1. whoohoooo!!! Happy 100!

    And yes, I'm lucky to have a supportive family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for 100 posts! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 100 to you! Here's to the next 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 100th! So glad you started blogging!

    I don't leave home w/o lip gloss myself - twinsies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So..since you consider 'Simon & Garfunkel', 'Eagles', and 'Steve Miller' classic bands, I guess that makes me a 'Classic' Mom since I started listening to them in their infancy!
    Congrats on the 100th post Barb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on 100 posts Barb! I can't believe your kids are already facing "back to school"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 100th indeed! You're doing awesome work toward your goals!

    What kind of books do you like to read?

    Oh, and re: #7? I *am* that old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your 100th post! I too run hot and cold on reading. I'm "hot" on it right now. I've really enjoyed some James Rollins books I've been reading. The "Sigma" series is very engaging... a bit like Da Vinci code. You know...globe trotting...big puzzles to solve to save the world...that sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your kids have a really brief break compared to mine. I think mine have about 11 weeks. It sounds like you are making the most of the time with the kids. Amusement parks are always a hit.

    Enjoy the rest of the break-then it's your turn for a real break!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like we're in the same boat! And I'm sure we'll both get it together and not blow the rest of the summer. (:
    I have almost three times the summer that your kids get! That kind of blows!
    But at least you're having a good time while it lasts. (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...you are the sweetest thing!! Thanks for posting my blog as one that inspires you. I hope that I have inspried you NOT to take a break or eat pizza :) Thanks for your comment by the way!! You inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on 100 posts! Whoo hoo! swimsuit shopping will most certainly motivate you to lose weight!
    I love all of your answers , especially #2!!!!
    Have a pretty night,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 100th post!
    Love the things you wrote about yourself. I know about things getting busy and making poor eating choices. Even though I'm not ready to go back to work, I look forward to having a schedule. I seem to do better with my eating then.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete