Monday, July 12, 2010

If only weekends didn't count against you..

Happy Monday, everybody! I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was pretty low-key. I sure wish I could pretend like it didn't happen (calorie-wise) though.

It started off pretty well. The scale was down and I was happy. I went for a walk on Saturday morning with my new best friend, Leo. I'll tell you more about him in a minute. I ate a light and healthy breakfast and lunch.

Then, I made banana bread after lunch. I just hate to waste mushy bananas and my daughter had been asking me to make it for a couple of days. I ate a couple of small pieces and thought that was okay.

My hubby and I went out to dinner on Saturday night. We went to PF Chang's. I ordered brown rice and didn't eat it all. We got a dinner for two and I made sure one of our entrees was the lower calorie beef with broccoli. I actually felt okay with how I'd eaten on Saturday.

So when the scale was up 2 pounds on Sunday I was shocked and frustrated! I have always been a proponent of weighing myself every day because it keeps me in check. It didn't serve that purpose yesterday. Instead of wanting to eat great all day because I was up I had the mindset of I might as well eat what I want because it doesn't matter I'll still gain. Not good.

I was assigned to bring dessert to my mom's house for dinner. My Grandpa was going to be there and my mom had mentioned how much my grandpa likes chocolate, just like the rest of us. I planned on making chocolate peanut butter chip brownies. They are so yummy and way fattening! I had told myself I would only have one. Well, I lied to myself. I tasted the batter, I had to taste them when they came out of the oven and then had a few more "tastes".....errrr brownines. Did I mention they have cream cheese in them, too.

So anyway, if I maintain this week or am up on the scale come Wednesday I only have myself and my chocolate addiction to blame. I have done better today and will do good tomorrow so we shall see.

Can't we just pretend like weekends don't count?

My last post was all about my new Garmin and someone asked what kind it was. That would have been good information to give you all. Sorry. It is a Garmin Forerunner 305. Check it out here.

I asked everyone on advice for a fun name for my new running partner. I really like all the different suggestions. I really liked Cammy's suggestion. She asked if I was a Leo since I had mentioned my birthday was next month. She suggested I choose Leo since it is my astrological sign.

And that is just what I have done. Leo is now the name of my Garmin. I was doing some "research" into astrology. Some positive traits that a Leo supposedly has are: Dignity, will-power, generosity, loyalty, confidence, ambitious. I would say that I lack a bit in the will-power (re-read the paragraphs above if you wonder what I'm talking about). I can also use a bit more ambition and confidence when it comes to running so I will depend on my new running partner, Leo to help me to become the best Leo I can be. :)

As far as the negative traits of Leos, they are: Conceited, arrogant, laziness. Hmmmm.....I don't think these apply to me at all. I am perfect. :)

So there you have some Monday thoughts from me. I hope you all have had a great start to the week and that is a healthy one. That is what I'm wishing for!

8 comments:

  1. Hey perfect;),
    We all have weekends like that. That's exactly why I don't weigh everyday...I can relate to what happened very well.

    Forgive yourself, move on and sometimes, the scale has a surprise, just like it did when you took it easy. Those weren't truly 2 lbs. of fat, just a fluctuation in the scale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl,
    I, too, wish that weekends didn't count. Let's be honest, this is ALWAYS when thing begin to go wrong. Well here's for making good weekend choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the high sodium content of the PF Changs meal contributed to the gain. I know I'm always running after a glass of water the rest of the night when we eat there. It's so good though!

    I think you and your BFF, Leo, will have many happy days together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and Leo much happiness!

    I don't think I'm conceited or arrogant, but I do try to find the easiest way to do anything and everything, which I suppose could be interpreted as laziness. I prefer "efficient" myself. :)

    Say, maybe you could wear Leo next time you make brownies or banana bread! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree about the possibilty of water retention from a high sodium meal.

    Have fun with Leo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The restaurant meal most definitely had hidden sodium...um, I cannot vouch for the brownies, but I suspect they might be a tad fattening. Better send me some so I can be sure. ;)

    Leo sounds like a strong companion - hope he gets out a lot this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have so much fun with Leo. Make sure he carries all those negative traits for you. You take care of the water weight, he takes care of the imperfections. ;)

    Thanks for your support! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish weekends didn't count either. The last like 5 weekends have been terrible. And then I wonder why the scale isn't budging. Live and learn right? Just gotta dust ourselves off and get back on the horse.

    ReplyDelete