Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Weigh-In-Wedndesday

Good morning! Today is weigh-in day. To be honest, I didn't know what to expect. Well, okay I weigh myself everyday so I kind of knew what to expect :). What I mean to say is that after the great losses the last couple of weeks, I wasn't sure what to expect going into this week. Well, let's just say I am sad to see July ending because July has been very good to me! The scale read 169.5 today for a loss of 1 1/2 lbs. this week. That brings my total to 36 pounds lost! Woo hoo! Oh, and did I mention I am in the 160's ? Double woo hoo! The bottom half of the 170's seemed to fly by while the top half felt eternal. Let's hope the 160's go by in a more steady manner.

I have to admit my eating wasn't that great at the first of this weigh-in week. Last Wed-Fri wasn't pretty. I tried really hard over the weekend and especially hard on Mon & Tues. So my new goal for this week is to have good eating the WHOLE week. I probably ate less the last couple of days than I would have normally eaten just because I wanted a good number today ( In all honesty, I was just hoping to be able to maintain last week's loss so the number today is a big bonus). I don't want to feel like I have to eat less than I really should so I need to do a better overall job with eating throughout the week. Does that make sense?

I want to welcome my new followers. I've noticed that my number of followers has recently jumped up. Big Clyde is a new follower and he joins Kyle as my only two male followers. Clyde asked about my running/walking schedule. He asked if I do it each week and if so how long I've been doing that. Well, Clyde I can't really honestly answer that because before I got my Garmin I really had no way to keep track of it all. I will say that I have been walking with my friend in the mornings (March-October) for about 3 years now (although you never would have guessed it by looking at me). Over the years we have upped our walking a bit. The past year or so we have probably been averaging 12 miles a week. It wasn't until this summer that we have kicked it up a notch and are adding running. In January, I turned to the treadmill for exercise during the winter months and have added running little by little since February.

Once our early morning strength training classes start up again in August we will not have our morning walks on Tues/Thurs. I am going to try to still go after class and the kids are in school though once school starts up again. I think averaging a 5K each week will really be great! Eventually, I may even add a 4 mile walk in there each week.

I am planning on signing up for a 5K that takes place on August 14th. I am really excited about this. I know there will be a timer this time (unlike the Race for the Cure) because they are awarding medals. Not that it matters now that I have Leo to time me.

I also have plans to do a 5K in September. Many of you probably remember that one of my goals this year is to run an entire 5K. I'm thinking it better be in September because my window is closing the closer the winter months get. However, I guess it doesn't have to be an official 5K race. Now that I have Leo, I can keep track and run it on my own around the neighborhood.

I hope you all have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Is that a 1-6 I see???? Awesome job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're doing great. I'm really proud of you. I hope that it's getting easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so exciting that you're planning to do some 5K's. One of my good friends started the same way and just did an 8K last week. She said as soon as she knew it was possible from her weekly runs, she wanted that challenge. I guess that's how it starts. The next thing you know we'll be reading about how you finished a half marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great to see a 6!!!!! I am so happy for you. I always find it most exciting and motivating when the middle digit changes :) i have been seeing "6" for a while now and would like to see a 5 sometime in the near future. The scale clearly has alternate plans...hehe. Congrats on your loss! Keep it up!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing awesome!!! I need to take a leaf out of your book and get back on the losing track again!!! Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loss! You have had some wonderfully, consistent weeks. And, welcome to the 160's. May you leave them much quicker than I have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You running on my birthday? What a great present for me. I'm so pleased you've continued to make such great progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on achieving another weight "decade"! Those are always so rewarding! You patience and diligence has paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara! That is GREAT!!!! You are doing to fabulous with your health and weight loss!!!
    I am excited for you!
    I agree ~ I am a retro housewife at heart too! I think things were better too!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy for you on the loss!! BIG WOO HOO for hitting 160's as well. Keep up the good work...you're doing a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete