Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am so spoiled!

Good morning, everybody! First of all, I want to thank everyone who comments on my posts. I really love reading your comments and appreciate my faithful commentors. Yesterday two comments really made me smile.

The first was from the blogger, I Said So..., she wrote,

"Sounds like so much fun...who cares about weight loss when you're doing things like that with those you love!" I really loved this quote because it is definitely the mindset I want to have. I don't want to have to worry about my weight so much. I want to enjoy life without my weight being an issue. Once I get this whole healthy lifestyle mastered, I will be able to do just that!


The second comment was from http://www.myjourneytofit.com/... and she wrote:

"Sounds like you will be excellent at maintenance, once you truly want to be there, lol. I had several, many, ok - LOTS of weigh-ins where I "practiced maintenance." ;) "

I really respect Shelley. She has lost a lot of weight and has maintained her new weight and is working towards being even more fit each day. To know that she "practiced maintenance" as well makes me feel a lot better.

So thanks to all my commenters you guys spoil me with encouragement and support.

My hubby also spoils me. A few weeks ago I mentioned to him I would really like a Garmin watch and explained to him what it is. I even emailed him a link to the one I wanted. Well, a few days went by and we didn't talk much about it and then we got our new exercise bike. I figured the prudent thing to do would be to ask for money from my parents for my birthday (in August) and put it towards a Garmin.

A week or so ago, my husband said, "Guess what I did?". Now I know when he says that in the mornings before work and he has been on the computer that he has ordered something online. Sure enough, he had ordered my Garmin! First, I chastised him a little. Telling him, we don't need to buy everything we want right when we want it and how I was going to use birthday money to buy it. He told me I could wait until my birthday, if I wanted. I, of course, declined and told him "thank you, thank you!". It would probably be a good idea to still ask my parents for money for my birthday and just put it in the bank to cover the credit card bill for the Garmin....but.....I won't! :) I like presents too much.

Anyway, here is a picture of my new Garmin :



I love it! I am still learning how to use it and all it's features. I haven't even explored the software that goes with it. I am loving tracking my distance and calories burned when I am walking/running outside. And my friend and I are going to utilize the interval workouts on our morning walks.

I am hoping that this new gadget will help me become a true runner and not just a treadmill runner. I think I need that timer and distance alert to help me keep going and push myself. And now I have it!

Some people (like Shelley and Kyle) name theirs. I am not that creative. So....if you have any good ideas, send them my way. I think naming inanimate objects is fun!

Well, that is it for today! Today the kids and I are off to visit a Children's Museum. Apparently, the kids think I am suppose to entertain them all day, every day of summer break! They also think money grows on trees around here. Good thing we have a free coupon for today's activity.

11 comments:

  1. How fun to be spoiled!!! I look forward to hearing how you like it. When I get back to running I can see myself wanting one of those.

    We did the zoo the other day. Hope you have fun at the museum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, what a sweetie! (: Keep us updated on how you like it. I've wanted one for so long! Hope you have fun today with the kiddos. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the compliment - I am really touched by what you wrote. :)

    Now, YAY for getting a Garmin!!! I am having a lot of fun with mine...I even uploaded the software and every time I run, I can't wait to get home and upload and add to my stats! I definitely think you need to name it - do you have a favorite character (movie or book)? My trainer Linda named hers "McDreamy" and Fran named hers "Edward" (from Twilight). Something will come to you. Any case, have fun with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super jealous of your garmin :) maybe I need to try the "email my hubby the link" thing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, your husband sounds so sweet!

    I'm jealous of the garmin. I just bought a heart rate monitor, but it's not a very nice brand, but I know it'll do the trick. I'm just waiting on it to arrive in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone loves you!!!! That's really thinking about you and what you want/need. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new Garmin! Hmm...names...names...names...how about "Taskmaster", "The device formerly known as Prince", "Beeotch!"...yeah, I'm not very good at this either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Friend! Thanks for the shout-out on your blog! Love it!

    Love the hubby too. He did really well with the Garmin. I like to name things old fashioned old man names like: Oscar, Herman, Fred, Roger, Henry...you get the point. Good luck with your new toy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh, new toy! May it bring you much joy! So are you a Leo, too? There's a garmin name for you. :)

    ReplyDelete