Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Good morning. This will be a quick post as today is another busy summer day. I just wanted to report my weigh-in results. This morning the scale read 173.5, for a loss of 2 pounds! That is a total of 32 pounds! 32 pounds sounds so much better than 30, doesn't it? After two weeks of maintains I am happy to see a loss. And I am happy to be on the downside of the 170's.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to not step on the scale for a whole week. I have until tomorrow morning to decide. I appreciate everyone's input on my post yesterday. I think the main thing I took away from all the comments is that it really doesn't matter if you weigh once (or twice) a day, once a week or once a month. What matters is your reaction to what the scale says. I think the important thing for me is not to let the scale dictate my attitude and mood so much, like it did last weekend. Maybe taking a week off will help me sever the emotional ties I have to the scale. Maybe. We shall see.

I hope everybody has a great day!

12 comments:

  1. WHOOHOO! 2 pounds GONE is a great week! :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually 5'7, so 124 pounds is actually a really good weight for me. But, it's just more of the fact that my stomach & legs need toning DRASTICALLY. I have not been doing any strength training yet. I plan too after I start getting back into cardio, but then I always end up slacking off. I mean, I should probably at least do weight once a week. thanks :)

    I love eating healthy. It makes me feel so much better, plus I always end up being pretty upset when I get sick from eating too many sweets and whatnot.

    When I was actually losing weight, I decided weigh-ins once a week were perfect. Plus, it was always exciting see how much that number really went down in a whole week. :)
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    Being on the edge of finally getting more than 31 pounds down I can agree with you that 32 pounds does sound better than 30. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Barb! See, the PF Chang dinner and the brownies must not of hurt you too much. Keep up the good work...I'm proud of you, and a little envious. Especially, after a couple more pounds you'll be losing the weight that I wish I was!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo! I think you lose weight like I do: little bit, little bit, no bit, lotta bit. It's all extra pounds gone, so good for you for sticking it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woot Woot!! Maybe the last pounds will just fall off as a reward for perseverance. So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee! It won't be long before you are in the 160s! That is so true about the "scale reaction." Sometimes if it is bad, I let that ruin my day and overeat out of frustration (doesn't make sense, but it happens!). Good job! Keep going!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. I am new to your blog and love it! I too am stay at home mom on a weight loss journey and recently have taken up some running. I have a blog too if you are interested in checking it out. The more support the better right?!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete