Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

This morning the scale read 171, for a 2.5 lb. loss! That brings my total to 34.5 pounds lost. I know I have blogged the last week about not letting myself get too emotional (positively or negatively) about the day to day scale readings, but I think it is okay on weigh-in days to celebrate a little since those are the scale results that matter. Right? So, let's hear a big Woo Hoo from everyone! That is two great losses in two weeks.

I'm pleased and excited but I'm trying not to get too excited since I know what my pattern of weight loss has been. These two good losses probably mean a month's worth of maintains or minimal losses is ahead of me. Sigh. But I have learned that remaining consistent and staying diligent will lead to results. The great losses every few weeks are the pay off for all my hard work. Just when I thought I was destined to be in the 170's forever, I am granted two good week's of loss and the 160's seem on the horizon.

I've been trying to pinpoint what the difference could be that accounted for the losses. I know that changing up your workout can always make a difference. Here is how mine has changed over the last couple of weeks. I have not been doing any strength training. The gym floor at the church we were holding class at is being redone so we can't have class until August. Also my Monday early morning class has been suspended until fall. I have missed these classes a lot.
I lent my Jillian Shred video to a friend so haven't been able to do that. So basically, I have not done any strength training. That could be the difference. We all know muscle adds weight. Maybe mine is just burning fat right now since I'm not building muscle.

I will definitely go back to the strength training next month since I want to be thinner and toned, not just thinner. Also, I would sure hate all the muscle I've worked hard to build up over the last few months to turn to fat!

I am hoping that once I go back to my classes it will be another good change in my workout routine and I will see good results. For now, I have been enjoying more cardio. Michelle and I walk/jog a 5K every morning and it feels great. I am also trying to do the exercise bike for 40 minutes at least every other day.

Stay tuned for my next post, in which I will share what I've learned from Leo (my Garmin) so far. It is very interesting. I just love Leo!

Have a great day everybody!

17 comments:

  1. Congrats! This is awesome progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot Woot!!!!

    I think my next step in running is a Leo. I have Nike Sportsband, and it's adequate, but Leo sounds really tempting!!!!

    So happy about your losses. Don't worry about tomorrow - like a slower weight loss after two really good weeks. Take each weigh in as it comes. Today you celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the loss! :) WHOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! Great job with the morning walk/runs also! I was thinking of you when I started doing intervals again.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the great weigh-in! I love reaching new numbers... I coulda died when I got into the 190s!!
    It might be better to focus on your measurements when you start strength training again, because like you said... muscle weighs more! The scale could lie. haha
    Anyway, you're doing so great! I don't see how you won't see the 160s soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WooHoo! So glad your persistence is bringing you good results. It pays to be patient.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my enthusiastic woo-hoo! And a great big YES to changing things up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome!!! I am really excited for you and the two great losses! Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats barbara. you are an inspiration. keep going girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is GREAT!!!!! You are doung so well! I am so happy for you. Next month when you go back at it, you will be ready to go!
    Congrats!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. In response to your comment about cold oatmeal: I didn't think I'd like it either, but it’s really not too bad. It wasn’t thick like regular hot oatmeal, but I kept a little bit of the milk in it. It was more like cereal with berries. It was a packaged thing that my MIL gave us. I think if I could just find the oats with some seasoning in it that would be much better. I prefer hot oatmeal with a wee bit of brown sugar and milk. Yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WooHoo! Way to go!!
    Our bodies are so hard to figure out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Hoo!!!!! That is so exciting. I wish I had started my journey when you did so we could be celebrating together. The 160s are so close! Way to go!!! Can't wait to hear what Leo says.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!!! Congrats!!! I'm sure you're getting more motivated with all the wonderful results coming in!!! :D Lookin forward to your next posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome loss!!!! Great job!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete