Tuesday, April 6, 2010

C25K- Week 5 COMPLETED!!!!!

Hello there! I have to thank everybody for their encouraging comments on yesterdays post. I was thinking of you all today while on the treadmill. I REALLY wanted to complete Day 3 of Week 5 of my C25K training. So when it got hard and my legs felt like they couldn't go much further, I thought of you all. I thought about how I REALLY wanted to report to you all that I had been able to do the full 20 minute run.

I'm happy to report I did just that. I ran for 20 minutes straight! My distance was just over one and half miles. My legs are sore right now, but it was totally worth it! I feel great. The first 2 days of Week 6 don't seem too bad. I don't think I will have much of a problem with those days. Day 3 will be a run of 25 minutes. It may take me a few tries but I know I can do that, too! I can't wait to report on that one!

Tomorrow is my weigh-in day. I suspect I may have a gain. Not cool, but probably deserving. I will learn from my past week's mistakes and celebrate my NSV's. I have completed week 5 of the C25K training and I am actually wearing size 14 jeans right now! I hadn't really tried on my 14's in the closet for a couple of weeks. Today I decided to. Some don't fit too well and these are a bit tight in the hips, but they are wearable. Yay!
Have a good day everybody!

7 comments:

  1. Hooray Barbara! Twenty minute run. Size 14! Woo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - running for 20 minutes straight is awesome and you should be very proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOPIEEEEEEEE! 20 minutes straight! go get 'em!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats wonderful!!! great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous! You are in the home stretch now...congrats.

    ReplyDelete