Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Good morning everybody! I'll get right to the point. Today is my weigh-in day. And.......the scale read 180, for a 1.5 pound loss. That brings my grand total to 25.5 pounds lost! Woo hoo! It took me a little longer to get to the 25 pound mark than I would have liked, but I made it. This puts me halfway to my 2010 goal of 50 pounds lost.

I have to admit as I have inched closer to the halfway mark I have felt a little frustrated. Definitely happy to be losing 25 pounds but a little discouraged that I still have 25 pounds to lose. Do you ever find yourself asking "how and why did I let myself get here?". It sits in the back of my mind, but I try not to dwell on it. We have to focus on what we are doing now, not what we did in the past.

Anyway, I'm past the frustrated feelings. I have taken a new perspective. You see, I once lost 25 pounds before and then proceeded to gain all of the pounds +25 more back. I guess, I just looked at my dieting and exercise as a means to lose pounds and once the pounds were off I stopped exercising and went back to old eating habits.

This time around, I don't think I have been "dieting" as much and I have definitely been exercising more. I have made exercise a big part of my life and I think I could really eat like this for the rest of my life. I think this time around it is a definite lifestyle change and not a diet.

Having said that, I think if I had reached my weight goal today I would be in danger of falling back to old habits. I've decided that it is a good thing I have 25 more pounds to lose! Crazy, huh? I figure at the rate I'm going it will take about 6 more months to meet my goal. I feel confident that if I can keep up what I've been doing for 6 more months, this will be a lifestyle for me.

Losing the weight will be a huge incentive to keep me going and the new healthy lifestyle will be a lifelong benefit. I will no longer beat myself up for small losses. It is all part of the plan :) ! Slow and steady wins the race.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it ends tomorrow.

Have a great day everybody!

10 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you are coming from. For me, the only difference between this time and past times is that I'm now ready to fully recognize that I will never be able to just be "comfortable" with reaching my goals. that while making healthy choices is easier, it may never be a natural thing. I know that doesn't sound very positive, but I guess I'd rather make a deal with reality and use it as a means to always stay vigil.

    Congratulations on your loss and your energy to keep plugging away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. feeling skinny is such a great feeling! and everyones 'skinny' is different.
    but 25 lbs is more than a 12 month old weighs-i always do weight loss compairsons to how much kids weigh. not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you no longer consider yourself on a diet. Diets always seem like a form of torture. Eating in moderation is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! You are doing great and it looks like you have a different perspective this go-round with dieting...that it is a way to live, forever...and that's how we will keep the weight off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your perspective too. It seems more sustainable. Diets are about holding it all together until you 'get there' and then you can celebrate. Relaxing only comes when it's sustainable. I can't handle the stress of a diet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too don't wish to stop losing, because I'm afraid to maintain. My track record is not great either. We have to believe we are learning something different this time that will lead us to a life of keeping these pounds off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing awesome. I really believe that this weight is going to stay gone, because of your moderate level headed approach.

    Congrats on the 25!! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the loss and hitting the 25-pounds lost mark!!!!

    You're doing fine and you'll reach your goal. WIth a mindset that this is a lifestyle change you don't have to live in the fear of gaining it all back. That used to be my greatest fear, but it's going away little good choice, by little good choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WAY. TO. GO!!!!!! You inspire me all the time with your thoughts. =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late, but still popping in to offer congrats on crossing the halfway mark! This is such a major accomplishment, and I'm SOOOO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete