Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Good morning sunshine! Yes, the sun is FINALLY shining around here after a week of wacky winter-like weather. It is still a bit cold out there but the sun is shining. And we are expected to get into the 60's later this week, woo hoo!

Today was my weigh-in and I was pleasantly surprised. The scale read 183, for a .5 pound loss. That brings my total to 22.5 pounds lost. I really expected to see a gain. I know I have been saying that for a few weeks now, but today I REALLY expected a gain. I'm glad to know my metabolism is working!

Tuesdays are always a great day for me. I always stay on plan with eating and exercising. I do this because I know the next day is weigh-in day for me. I need to start treating every other day as the day before my weigh-in! Today, so far so good. I tend to take a break from exercising on Wednesdays. I think I do this because my next weigh-in day is a week away and also it is the middle of the week so it seems like a good day to take a break. Today, I did skip the treadmill but I did do Jillian level 2. So I feel okay about that.

To celebrate my weight loss and my new (old-new) pant size, I went shopping. I went to Kohl's and bought me the cutest jean capris (size 14) and a plaid camp shirt (they seem to be all the rage these days). I will have to post a pic of me in my new outfit in a couple of weeks when the pants are a little less tight. :)

I hope everybody is having a great day and that the sun is shining wherever you are at!

8 comments:

  1. More congrats to you!! Isn't is wonderful to see a slight loss when you were expecting a gain?

    What fun to fit into a 14...that's my halfway point and I can imagine the joy you are feeling.

    I also tend to not workout on Wednesdays because it's a break in the middle of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - you should just keep saying that you "expect a gain" and that way the scale will keep dropping, lol! Glad you got a new outfit - post the picture now...I'm sure the capris aren't as tight as you think - it's probably just clothes fitting again after being in a size too big!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for shopping! I can't justify buying new clothes that I will have to move across the country, but I have a Christmas gift certificate that I've been saving so that I can go on a spree when I get home in a couple of months. Looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!!! You rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome reward! I really want a camp shirt but my hubby doesn't seem to understand the latest trends. I think I might just get one anyway and endure the teasing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loss...and a very well deserved reward through clothing shopping...feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crossing the border to shop at Kohl's! It's pretty exciting to fit into a new size, eh? (The eh is the Canadian in me, eh?) I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo-hoo! (And a belated woo-hoo for completing week 5!)

    ReplyDelete