Monday, April 5, 2010

Trying to stay on course

Happy Monday, everybody! It looks like I took a break from blogging. That was not my intention, it just happened. The kids have been on spring break. We have been busy doing this and that. Believe it or not, we went sledding on Thursday. That's right sledding over SPRING break! I wasn't happy about the snow, but am glad we took advantage of it.
On Friday, we had an Easter egg hunt with some of our friends. Again, I wasn't happy that we had to move the hunt inside but happy to spend time with friends.
Saturday, was a laid back day. We colored Easter eggs and hung out at home.
Sunday, we actually didn't go to church. The first weekend in April is set aside in my church for our leaders to speak to us. We don't go to our regular church meetings that day, instead we watch on TV or the Internet or in person as our leaders speak to us. It is always a very uplifting time, but a little weird not to be at church on Easter this year. Of course, most of the talks on Sunday focused on Christ's Resurrection so it was very appropriate and inspirational. I hope everyone out there had a great Easter weekend and enjoyed celebrating the season with family.

I have fallen off course a bit the last couple of days, really the last few weeks. My eating has not been great. I fell victim to donuts, orange rolls, too much bread, chocolate, french fries and other things I have probably forgotten to mention. I am still trying to get a hang of this eating in moderation concept. I mean, some people are so good about only having a couple of pieces of chocolate a day. If I have a couple of pieces of chocolate, I want a couple more handfuls! If I eat a donut, I figure I might as well eat another. Not good!

The worse part is I actually skipped exercise 2 extra days last week. Sunday is always my rest day and sometimes I skip another day, but have never skipped 2 days!

Let's put this in perspective; Eating more, Exercising less and not updating my blog. Danger! Looks like I'm in danger of sabotaging all my hard work.

Don't worry, I am not giving up. I have had a good day today. I walked with my friend this morning and then an additional mile on my treadmill. I also did Jillian's Shred level 2. I have had some chocolate. The cadbury mini eggs are now gone so that temptation is eliminated for another year.

I also want to share my C25K progress. Last Saturday, I got on the treadmill with a goal in mind to run 1 1/2 miles without walking. I figured at my pace this would put me at the 20 minute run for day 3 of week 5. Well, I couldn't quite run 1 1/2 miles straight. I ran for 1 1/4 miles and then walked a 1/4 of mile and then ran another 1/4 of mile. This is progress. The last few times I have ran for a significant amount of time I have not wanted to run anymore, even after walking for awhile. So I did run 1 1/2 miles and for 20 minutes, just not all at once. I will attempt W5D3 again tomorrow.

Another NSV (non-scale victory) is that I am wearing some Levi's right now that I have not been able to wear before. I bought them at Costco a few months ago. You can't really try things on at Costco. I bought these jeans when I was still in denial and was not ready to admit that I needed to be in a Woman's size 16 or 18. These are a regular 16, but I would say fit closer to a 14. I hate it when pants run small!

I have been a bit disappointed that although I have lost 20+ pounds, I haven't really seen a drop in pant size. I must have been wearing my pants pretty tight before! But I guess moving from a 16W to a regular 16 is progress. I just hope I can fit in a size 14 pretty soon here. I really don't want to go buy size 16 capris because I don't plan on being in them for too long. I have some cute size 14 capris in my closet. I guess that will be some added motivation!

Have a great day everybody!

10 comments:

  1. Great about the jeans. *smile* I'm sure you'll see significant dress size change very soon as you are doing C25K As I read lots of Blogs I see it happen every time.

    80 - 90% on plan will bring good results if a little slower. The danger is when the off plan bits become tooo extreme.

    I missed church on Sunday too which was a pity because it was sheer laziness.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am still wearing the same pants I wore 30 pounds ago. Crazy right? I don't know how I breathed in them before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just...
    keep...
    swimming...
    You're doing it today. Just like me! WooT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I totally understand the not blogging when you're busy thing. Not a problem!

    That's nice about your pants, because a 16w is really like an 18 (I think after trying things on), so if you're in a 16 now then you HAVE dropped a size!!

    Just keep going. There's lots of learning to be done here on this journey and you're doing fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 16W are a different cut than regular size 16's, so you really have changed pant sizes. Get back on track with the exercising and eating any you will feel much better about yourself - plus blog more often because I miss reading your posts (yes I'm selfish like that!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. hang in there girl your doing great that 14 will come before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you are feeling...just take the NSVs that you can and build off of that excitement...it takes a lot of energy to be strict towards a new lifestyle every day...and sometimes it just means going a little more slowly than you'd like. Take heart in that you are being very measured with your C25K progress, so you'll do the same everywhere else...and get it done! I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job getting back into it and not giving up! I just posted today about how I squeezed myself into way too small jeans forever and FINALLY got into a smaller size this week. Those 14s will come and go before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and could really identify with your recent blip in your eating. I think the fact that I recognize it and quickly try to get back on track is progress for me! Congrats on the jeans:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tell you those pesky donuts, fries, and chocolate call my name too. It's hard...plain and simple.

    Congrats on the jeans and Levi's run really small too.

    ReplyDelete