Friday, June 18, 2010

C25K Week 6 Day 3 Complete......FINALLY!

Good morning, everybody! I hope you are all having a good day so far and looking forward to the weekend. I am sitting her watching The World Cup. Go USA! They got down 0-2 early but are not knocking on the door to tie it at 2-2. I just love soccer, whether it is my kids playing, our local MLS team or the world cup. Woo hoo! They just tied it up!

I bet many of you have forgotten (or at least no one has called me out on it) I (we interrupt this blog post for a world cup update, USA just had a winner goal disallowed for some phantom penalty).... have been working on Week 6 Day 3 of the C25K since April. I have not seemed to be able to get past the mental challenge of running for 25 minutes straight. Also, my friend and I have started running in the mornings so I have not been very focused on the C25k.

Today was a treadmill day. And FINALLY, I was able to run for 25 minutes straight. In fact, I ran for 27 minutes and 2 miles! Before today, the farthest distance had been just over 1.5 miles. I'm not sure what the difference was today, but now I have a new standard to live up to. I just may complete the C25K program after all.

I am looking forward to this weekend. Some good friends of ours, who moved across the country 6 years ago, have just moved back to town. We are getting together with them this afternoon and are so excited to have them back so close.

Tonight we are going to see Toy Story 3. I am so excited! I love the Pixar movies. Tomorrow is a day of yardwork, as beautiful weather is expected. On Sunday, we are having our dad's over for a barbecue. It should be fun.

I hope all of you have a great weekend!


8 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    Good work. I am trying to find my inner runner again. After college, I became a runner. I worked up to running 6 miles (where did that girl go???). I am having trouble getting motivated. Maybe I will start with small goals like you. Thanks for the inspiration!
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I hope you have fun @ Toy Story 3!! My kids are dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOO HOO!!! I knew you could do it. :)

    Your weekend sounds wonderful. See you on Monday!

    p.s. I'm a World Cup widow...my husband's team is Mexico, but we watch USA also. Actually, they've been watching as many game replays as they can online, so ... yes, a widow... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great!! I hate to run and only do it in one minute spurts. I am truly impressed.

    I love Pixar too. We were watching the old Toy Story movies on tv just the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a great running milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, running for 2 miles straight!!!

    I am hoping to see TS3 very soon - I hear it's wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your feat! Running is HARD work and you put mind over matter and got it done! Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that you've returned to your C25K work...that takes big guts to pick up and keep going...you may have taken things slowly, but you didn't give up. That is the true mark of character towards getting healthy!

    ReplyDelete