Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's Gut Check Time!

Once again, I am a day late in posting my weigh-in results and once again I am not very excited to report my results. Here it goes: Yesterday morning the scale read 178, for a GAIN of 1.5 pounds. My first gain since I started in January. Most of my losses have been .5 pounds so I basically screwed up 3 normal weeks of hard work in just one week. Not good. I didn't really expect a loss after my poor eating.

It is gut check time for me! Will I have the courage to keep going and get back on track or will I give up when it gets hard? Will I allow my discouragement to get the best of me or will I allow this week's weigh-in to motivate me to do even better?

I choose to get back on track and to do even better! I started tracking my calories again yesterday for the first time in a couple of months. Granted, my calorie count was way too high (due to my friend inviting me for lunch and having a huge bowl of guacamole out in the open for me to dip corn chips in all afternoon) but at least I was forced to see just how high down on paper.

This week will be better. I promise you and most of all I promise myself. I have worked to hard over the past 6 months, only to not reach my goal and gain it all back.

I have to keep this short. My son is home from school all week, due to testing for kindergarten. Then he goes back for two weeks before all my kids are out for the summer (6 weeks for us). I just realized yesterday that I really need to take advantage of the rest of this week because it is the last couple of days I will ever have with my son, just the two of us. Next year, he will be in all-day school, just like my girls. :(

5 comments:

  1. Sorry about the gain. It's just a bump in the road. If we were driving down a real road and there was a bump it might surprise us, but once we made it over that bump would we turn our car around? No...we would keep going forward and maybe drive more cautiously. We all have bumps in our roads...some more than ever. I think mine was a gravel road for the last few months. It's ok...you're doing great. One off week is nothing in the big picture.

    Enjoy the time with your son...it goes by way too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your gain, but you have the best attitude for it. You're getting on track and seeing where you need to tune things up a bit.

    I've also began tracking my calories again and it's amazing how fast they add up. Putting things down on paper definitely make it more real.

    Keep your chin up and keep plugging along. You can reach your goals! :)

    Oh, and yes, enjoy your week with your son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's important to remember that you are still down 30 pounds, and that is excellent! But yeah, if you haven't been tracking your food, it's easy to get complacent. I still track every 3 weeks or so, for about a week, just to make sure that I'm staying on, well, track!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain Barb! It's amazing that it really call comes down to choice - and you have chosen to stay on course. I'll come with you and stay on course too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the way to steer yourself back on course! I log every now and then, and at other times I'll log just the splurges to make sure I don't have too many. It's all about what works for us at the time. Now's a time when logging may be just thing you need. Doesn't mean you have to do it forever!

    ReplyDelete