Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Good morning everybody, I hope you all are happy and well.

This morning the scale read 175.5, which is what it read last Wednesday. No gain, no loss. That means for the month of June I netted a total loss of 1 pound! That isn't good considering my new mini-goal is to lose 4 pounds a month so I can reach my big goal by December. I obviously have work to do.

Overall, I feel good about my exercise and feel like I am eating fairly healthy. I will say that over the past week I did have two days where I felt like I had overeaten and really felt full. I haven't felt really full for awhile so that is something I need to watch from here on out.

We just got an exercise bike and I got on it for the first time last night. I have never really ridden one so I wasn't sure what to expect. I loved it and am so excited to add it to my exercise routine. I did it for 40 minutes and burned almost as many calories as I do while on the treadmill for the same amount of time. We put it in our TV room and I did it while we were watching a movie last night. The thing is so quiet that I think the only way my family could even tell I was on there was by my heavy breathing. I love to watch TV and look forward to doing the bike while I watch my favorite shows this fall. I think adding the bike (I vow not to let it replace my running/walking outside or on the treadmill) will help me better reach my goals.

Well, I just got a call that my daughter needs lunch money. There are two days of school left, you would think she would be happy with home lunch. But she doesn't want to miss out on pizza day. Hmmm...that doesn't sound so great does it? Anyway, I better head over there with her lunch money. Have a great day everybody!

11 comments:

  1. Maintaining is good, and better than gaining. :)

    RIding a bike while watching a show sounds like a great idea. Have fun with it!

    Yum...pizza day does sound good! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes, luckily I'm feeling much better now.

    I love exercise bikes, they are great! Bikes and the elliptical are my two favorites. I usually watch tv or read a book while I'm doing that, although read is a bit more challenging on the elliptical ha. But, it can be done! :)

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the bike. I usually watch shows too on my treadmill. I hope you have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if you ever want to try jazzercise, i go at 5.30am (only time i can do it with kids. and since my brain isnt working at that hour, i cant talk myself out of going!), let me know! they give you 1 class free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the pluses of modern life and gadgets is being entertained while sweating. My cross-trainer languishes in the back bedroom where it feels isolated and cold at this time of year. I really must add it to the clutter in out living area. That will be one step closer using it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at the thought of your breathing being louder than the bike! Congrats - it sounds great and will be wonderful for the new fall tv season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just got an image of your family huddled on the couch with scary music cued up and it's you huffy along. he he

    A pound is a pound. Better than a gain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your kids school goes this late into the year?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bike idea!

    I am frustrated with my small losses too! Hang in there! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yaay for new bikes! I intend to get a new one before winter sets in. The one I have is antique and noisy! (Not mention uncomfortable.)

    ReplyDelete