Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Totally random post!

Hello out there! This will be a totally random post since I don't have the energy to think of something clever or insightful to write about. So here are 11 random thoughts for you all:

1.) I really planned on weeding for more than one hour this morning and then I sat on a ant hill in my garden! Good thing they were just black ants, black ants don't bite...right? NOT SO! I weeded for a few minutes longer after I brushed all the ants off and still couldn't snap the feeling that I was being snipped at or bitten. Yes, some of those darn ants crept through the mesh of my pants and were pinching me. I quickly ended my weeding session and headed to the shower!

2.) I find it interesting that I actually enjoy doing yard work now more than I used to because I know it is burning calories. Those darn ants cut my workout short!

3.) I really needed the weeding workout today on top of my strength training class and 3 miles on the treadmill because last night we ate dinner and dessert at the local ice cream parlor and tomorrow is my weigh-8in. Shame on me.

4.) I would have been better off not eating at the ice cream parlor but then my family would have missed out on the kindness of one stranger. One anonymous customer picked up our tab and the bill of two other tables. How sweet!

5.) Of course, this got me to thinking why our family was one of the families he chose to pay for in such a crowded restaurant. Did we look poor? Did we look unhappy and needed to smile? Or maybe we looked so happy and are such a cute family he could not resist himself? LOL!

6.) Why am I so darn paranoid about what others think and cannot just accept a stranger's kind gesture without analyzing it?

7.) The whole ice cream parlor thing would not have happened had the new dishwasher we have be waiting for two weeks would have just fit in our dishwasher space! Then we would not have had to pick out another one and been in the ice cream parlor's neighborhood!

8.) I really hope that the new dishwasher can be installed without any problems because I am really tired of having to inspect all the dishes when I pull them out of the dishwasher before I put them in the cupboard.

9.) What's worse is that sometimes my kids forget to inspect when it is their turn to empty the dishwasher. Nothing like pulling dirty, clean dishes out of the cupboard!

10.) My sink disposal stopped working today. Bummer!

11.) I really should get on with my day and stop boring you all. Have a good day!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara (Karen from Fitness: A Journey not a Destination here.) Gardening can really make you work up a sweat can't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...things have been breaking around here like crazy too. My wall oven is one unit...oven and microwave together...it decided to quit a week ago. A new one is super duper expensive.

    Maybe the stranger picking up your dinner tab was God's way of raining a little sunshine on you in the midst of ant bites, dishwasher problems, and garbage diposal issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy yard work more now too. (Ants, not so much.)

    That was a nice gesture from that stranger! Maybe you can pay it forward some day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame on those ants for cutting short your weeding!

    I think the stranger picked out your family because you all were adorable! Time to pay it forward and do something kind for a stranger. I love that!

    I just had to get a new disposal, it is always something needing replaced around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought this was a great post!

    Analyzer here myself...so I can relate.

    That's neat someone picked up your tab. I hear about doing that, but haven't done it yet or actually known anyone who's been on the receiving end. Now I know you! :)

    Crossing fingers for your weigh-in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really sweet of the stranger - I would love to be able to do that for someone every once in a while.

    I need a new dishwasher too and can so relate to the "dirty clean dishes" - hope your new one fits!

    And hey, at least they weren't fire ants that you sat on...now that is painful!

    Good luck with your weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. **whispers** you lost me at the love of the yardwork :)

    I need to git your mindset as the yard is pretty d*mn frightening these days.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete