Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Good morning, everybody! I hope this day finds you happy and well.
Today was my weigh-in day and the scale read 175.5, which means I lost the 1.5 pounds I gained last week and also lost that stubborn 30th pound that has been eluding me. Woo hoo!
I feel very good to know that I was able to get back on track and did not let last week's discouragement keep me down.

I am 20 lbs. away from my goal for this year. I have to admit, at this point 20 lbs. seems a little daunting since the last 10 lbs. have seemed to take forever to get off. I figure I have about 5 months left to do it and can hope for a maintain in December because really, who loses weight in December? Maybe that is the wrong kind of attitude, but I feel it is fairly realistic. So I guess my new mini-goal is to lose 4 pounds a month.

Stay tuned tomorrow for another goal I've set for myself. It is way long-term but very exciting!

Have a great day everybody!

11 comments:

  1. Yep, those last 20 pounds are a killer, but I'm going with the slower they come off, the longer lasting they will be! :) Congrats on 30 down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mini goals are good and what you're doing seems to be working, after all, you're down 30 lbs!

    As I was reading this post I was thinking about how this might read to someone who needed to lose 50 or 100 lbs, 20 might not seem like much. I suppose it's all about our person situation. I know, for me at least, 20 lbs would seem like a real challenge. With your mini goal of 4 lbs per month, that would put you at your goal weight by the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to be succeeding this for a long time. You're doing great, just keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Congrats on the good loss and hitting your 30 pounds lost mark.

    Losing four pounds a month is very doable. I'm sure you'll reach your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha The title of my post is the same for today. You definitely had a better weigh in than I did though! Congrats on getting past the 30 pound mark!! (:

    I'm sure you can lose 4 pounds a week and reach your goals. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOO...I can't wait to hear what your new goal is!!! By the way, congrats on losing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing great-I bet they'll be much easier to keep off the steady way you're losing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I happened upon your blog through Leah's My New Ending blog. Congrats on getting back on track! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on an awesome milestone! The next 20 may be difficult (or not), but knowing you've achieved this goal proves you can hold on and achieve the ultimate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay Barbara - congratulations!!! You have the next 20 in the bag, no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great loss! You'll lose the rest like you've lost so far...a day at a time, a pound at a time. With your running you have something better to focus on than the scale.

    ReplyDelete