Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Today is Wednesday and you know what that means for me. Yep, another weigh-in day. I have to admit this was my scariest weigh-in ever. I weigh myself every day and after seeing what the scale had to say yesterday I was hoping for just a small one pound GAIN this week and not more than that. The scale was not kind yesterday.

Well, I'm happy to say that this morning the scale read 183.5, which is a .5 pound LOSS and puts me at 22 lbs. lost total. I am happy I did not see my first gain of this journey, although I'm not too happy that the scale was so inconsistent for me this week. I have been very consistent on this journey and the scale has never showed much more than a one pound differential from one day to the next.

I'm not sure if it is because TOM is visiting this week, or what. I do know that TOM has never really affected me too much before so I don't really want to use that as an excuse. I guess the difference may be I have given into TOM's cravings more this month.

March was not a very consistent month for me as far as eating went. I went off plan too much. I need to get back on track. I have worked too hard to lose these pounds to gain them back. And I have a lot more pounds to lose, I am going to have to work even harder.

On a positive note, I jogged for 16 minutes today. My goal was to do a little better than Monday. I decided I would run 1 1/4 miles today. So I did. I think my next run should put me at 1 1/2 miles and I should be able to meet the 20 minute goal of C25K week 5, day 3. Yay for me!

I lost 5 1/2 pounds in March and walked/jogged about 62 miles! I am proud of those accomplishments and look forward to accomplishing even more in April.

The kids are on spring break for the next few days. Too bad it is nothing like spring here! It has been snowing all day! I'm sure in a few months I will be complaining that it is too hot. I just hope we don't skip spring around here. I love spring!

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I can't imagine snow right now. I mean we don't get any here, but that would be seriously irritating. How do you hide eggs?

    Congrats on 22 lbs!! Can you e-mail me some of your motivation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YAYYYY. :) congrats on the .5 loss which means 22 pounds total!!! you are killin it girl! & 16 minutes jogging! WOOT woot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on getting any loss in during TOM. :) Your jogging is going great also!

    Snow? Oh my. Well, we got a freak storm about two weeks ago, so I can imagine, but I'm in capris for the second day today. I'll enjoy them even more...even if just for you. :)

    Have a nice Spring Break with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on another .5 down! They all add up. Here's hoping you get some sunny Canadian weather that we are experiencing...it's heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice loss...and nice jog! You are taking this C25K really serious which I think is key to avoiding injury and letting your body get used to things...so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - 62 miles and over 5 pounds in a month? Great work, Barbara!!!

    ReplyDelete