Friday, January 8, 2010

Preparing for the Weekend

I have been pleased with my efforts so far this week. I have used my treadmill 4 times and strength trained three times. I have watched what I ate. I must admit, I did break down and have 4 bite size Milky Way candies last evening. I thought, I could have just one :(. But for the most part, I am happy with my diet. I am dreading the weekend, though.

The kids will all be home and my hubby will be home. I have gotten into such a nice routine this week. I do the treadmill first thing in the morning and then my Biggest Loser Wii game after the kids go off to school. I know I need to do the treadmill tomorrow, to keep up with my 5x a week goal. Will I do it? Will I really want to get up an do it? If I sleep in, will I still do it later?

Problem #2, I don't like to cook on weekends. My husband doesn't even really expect me to cook on weekends. Thus, we do a lot of fast food. Saturdays lunch and/or dinner is usually fast food. I know if we choose fast food, I will either skip on the fast food or make a good choice. A salad, or a grilled chicken sandwich.

I am also concerned about next week. I have commitments two of the mornings that will not allow me to keep to my normal workout schedule. Is it just me or don't you just hate to get all showered and ready for the day, only to get all sweaty and have to shower again? That is why working out first thing in the morning has always been my only option. Well, that will all change next week. I commit to work out, even if it means it is later in the day and I have to shower again!

I can do this.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, YOU CAN do it, especially with the great attitude you have going!

    I do the fast food thing a lot, probably too much, but such is life. I actually consider it a fun challenge to find a healthier option in a restaurant. Thank goodness for Subway, Jason's Deli, and Chick-fil-A! Plus, most delis will work with you to prepare a "better" sandwich.

    Wishing you a successful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb..this is great and I'm so proud of you for the committment you've made to meet these goals; I know you can do it and hopefully it will inspire me to get back to a more healthy lifestyle as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. arbara, i have been lacking my own motivation the past few weeks. i lost 40 pounds 1 1/2 years ago and need to loose 40 more this year. i have set some goals for myself, maybe i will copy you and do a blog of my own. and we can inspire each other and anyone else that stumbles along. way to go-

    also if you are wondering about 50-60 calories equals one point.

    can't wait for your next posting. see ya at the races!
    sonya

    ReplyDelete