Thursday, January 14, 2010

What I've Been Eating

Some people post on their blog what they eat each day. I don't think I will take the time to do that, but I will share a little about what I have been eating. I do write everything I eat down in a notebook. I have been really watching what I eat throughout the morning and afternoon and have changed what I eat and the way I eat.



For breakfast, I love to make me an omelette (one egg + one egg white, with mushrooms and grated parm cheese), so yummy. I know I can't eat eggs everyday, so I will switch it up with oatmeal (sprinkled with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon) or a high fiber cereal. I also have fruit with my breakfast and sometimes cup of milk.



I am trying to eat every three hours or so, so I always have a snack between breakfast and lunch. My snacks are usually, fruit, veggies, string cheese w/ a few pita crisps, cottage cheese or low-fat yogurt.



For Lunch- I may have a Lean Cuisine meal, Tomato soup and a Turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, I have also made the WW 0 point cabbage/vegetable soup and love that, or a salad. It varies on the day, I just make sure it is a low fat, low calorie lunch.



For Dinner- I have a family of five to cook for every night. I eat what everyone else eats, I just watch my portions. I am definitely more conscious of what I am cooking for my family, but I still make a lot of what I have always made. I figure, after I actually reach my goal I want to maintain it. So I need to learn NOW how to control my portions on the foods I always eat and enjoy.

That is my overall philosophy on my "diet". I don't want to deprive myself of too many things. Although, I have sworn off fried foods and most sugary/high fat treats for awhile I still want to eat what I have always enjoyed and learn to be more moderate in my portions. I want to change my lifestyle for good and not just for however long it takes me to reach my goal. That is why I choose not to participate in any one "diet program" or take supplements. I know this will not work for everyone and I sure hope it works for me, but for now it is the plan.

So far I have been counting calories and not really counting fat, fiber or carbs. I joined sparkpeople.com today and think it will be great in helping me to track these other important things.

4 comments:

  1. I can't really follow a "plan" per se either. Plus, I don't really like being told what I can and can't have....haha. My mini rebel inside I guess :)

    I want to lose it for good this time, so I'm trying to do things that I can live with. I'm looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think that most weight problems aren't caused by normal foods made from scratch. I think it comes mostly from the processed crap with all of the additives designed to make us want to eat more. That's why I think in a lifestyle change that's what will make you or break you. That's what I'm going for anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a winning plan to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never could follow diet plans. Like you, I figured it out as I went along, adjusting and improving where necessary. sparkpeople helped a LOT in that area.

    It will be interesting to see how what your family eats changes over time. :)

    ReplyDelete