Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weigh-In Wednesday

So today was my second weigh-in of this journey. The results were a little disappointing. I am down just 1 lb this week to 201. I know that last week's big loss is not normal and that losing 1-2 lbs a week is a good healthy way to lose weight. However, I truly was hoping I would lose 3 lbs this week. And I really think that I should be closer to the 2lb weekly loss here in the beginning. Having said all that, I lost 1 lb! Yay for me!

After the weigh-in, I did my first day of Jillian's 30 day shred. It lived up to all I have heard about it. One of my husband's co-workers suggested I may need a rail to hold onto next to the toilet because it will be so painful to get up and down. We'll see if that holds true. I couldn't find my weights so I did it without my weights today so it was even a lighter workout than it should be.

Even though, my weigh-in results weren't what I had hoped they would be I still feel pretty darn good right now. I worked out on the treadmill this morning and burned about 50 more calories than usual and went a farther distance, I ate a healthy breakfast, I finished #1 on my "Biggest Loser" challenge and completed day #1 of 30 day shred.

I think it is time to start keeping track of my measurements because they may reflect a change that the scale won't always.

On a non-fitness note. Can I just say that my heart breaks for the people of Haiti right now. I cannot imagine the suffering that is taking place in that country. Reflecting on the disaster that has taken place and seeing the images in the news really makes me grateful that my biggest worries are if I'm going to make it through my work out or watch what I eat today. Count your blessings!

8 comments:

  1. You are almost out of the 200's....whoohoo:)

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a fine loss, but believe me, I *do* understand your disappointment. You're knocking on the door of One-derland, and you'll be there before you know it! {fingers crossed for next week}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo on your loss! I try to go by inches so I am not dissapointed by the scale.

    Can you beleive the aftershock Haiti got again? I feel so awful for them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo close to Onderland!?! It's so exciting that your body wanted to draw it out another week!?!

    I haven't seen the news yet today...didn't know Haiti had an aftershock. You are 100% right ...our biggest struggles don't compare with the average citizen of Haiti. God be with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never met a loss I didn't like! Yay for you. And yes, you will need crutches to get up and down off the toliet after Shred. Holy cow, that think kicked my trash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo for your 1 pound loss, that's awesome. You are so close to being out of the 200's. Keep up the great work. Great job the the exercise as well. Your doing wonderful.

    This is my first time over here on your blog, I must say I'm enjoying it. I just found your blog through Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss". My name is Barbara too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wondering if you needed help off the toilet after Jillian's shred routine the other day. :)

    ReplyDelete