Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weigh-in-Wednesday

So today was my week 3 weigh-in. I have been doing my official weigh-ins through my biggest loser Wii game, which means my wii balance board has been my scale. I have also been weighing myself on my regular scale a couple of times a week. My regular scale is always a couple of pounds lower than the balance board and also lower than the Dr's scale (don't you just hate that) so I go off of the wii balance board for my official weigh-ins. So today when the wii balance board said I weighed in at 200, for a minor loss of one pound I was surprised because my bathroom scale was reading a 2 lb loss. I ended up re-synching up the balance board and weighing myself two more times. Those two times it measured at 199 for a 2lb loss! So that is my official weigh-in. I now am out of the 200's. I'm happy to be out of the 200's for sure, but will feel a lot better when I am out of the 190's. I'm not sure how long I was in the 200's but it wasn't very long. In fact, that is probably what got me into gear to lose weight. I do know I was too satisfied for a long time to be in the 190's so getting into the 180's will be a really happy day for me! Obviously, I know it is going to take a month or so to do that so I will remember to be patient. I fully expect to hit the -10 lbs next week and earn my 10 itune downloads!

Today, I had to deliver some fliers in my neighborhood so I decided to skip the treadmill this morning and just go on a walk outside after I delivered the fliers. I knew it would be chilly (32 degrees) but I didn't expect it to be snowing! When I saw that it was snowing (more like a flurry) I was tempted not to do it. But the fliers had to be delivered no matter what and I was already going to be wet so I did it. It felt great to be outside. I probably did not run as much as I do on my treadmill because there are some hills in my neighborhood and I have not been using the incline on my treadmill as much as I should. It will be interesting to see how I do once the weather gets nicer and I can walk/run outside all the time. I seem to have a hard time setting a good pace outside, I guess that will take practice. Have a good day everybody!

7 comments:

  1. Yeah! Congrats on being out of the 200's!

    Keep going and you'll be out of the 190's in no time!

    BTW, how do you like The Biggest Loser game? I am using EA Sports right now but am looking to try something different soon, spice things up.

    :)

    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to Onederland! I'm cheering for you to "win" your 10 iTunes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. The mental difference a couple pounds makes putting you back in the ones...is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feels good don't it? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting back in the 100's! Definitely shows that second opinions are worthwhile ;) I'm hoping to head below the 200 mark this week (weigh in tomorrow) as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping it would be the official Onderland for you today!!! So awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Also, kudos for getting outside even though it was snowing. :)

    ReplyDelete