Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Things I Love" Tuesday

I have already found a few things that I love that actually help me live more healthily and it has only been one week since I started this blog. I thought it would be fun to post about these things on Tuesdays. Today, I highlight my new favorite thing, my: Ipod Nano 5th generation!


My husband had been wanting to get me an Ipod for a couple of years. I always told him no because I didn't see what use I had for it. Finally, I told him he could get me one for Christmas as long as I also got a dock for it so I can play it without having to wear headphones. He got me this nano and a dock. I love it! I listen to it most of the day. And I actually use it with the headphones! My favorite reason for loving the ipod is that it keeps me going during (and dare I say, somewhat enjoying) my time on the treadmill. I don't know why I resisted the idea of having one for so long. I love it so much that I have decided my first weight loss reward will be 10 itunes downloads when I hit the -10 lb. mark! I need ideas of great songs to workout to. I would love to hear what all your favorites are. I am a Country music girl at heart, but realize that genre somewhat limits me. So I need your help, I have been out of the loop on some of the more current music that is not Country. So, please leave a comment with your fave 2 or 3 workout tunes.

4 comments:

  1. If you review my blog from yesterday, I put all the C25K info including the links to the Podcasts available for the iPod.

    My wife will be getting an iPod shortly, but I'm using my Windows Mobile Smartphone instead. No current and compelling reason to blow more $$$ for little ole' me.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. i-tune downloads are great rewards! My top 3 tunes for working out are:
    Heather Small - Proud (Biggest Loser theme)
    Bon Jovi - It's My Life
    Black Eyed Peas - Let's Get It Started
    Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day

    Okay, that's 4. :) Those are my faves today. Ask me again next week and it may change.

    Oh, I can't resist adding Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many podcasts and stuff on Itunes for free too. You'll find some great motivational stuff if you hunt around a little. I'm using hubby's ipod right now--hoping mine's coming via tax refund though...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite workout songs are Lady Gaga. The beat is perfect for running/walking or using the elliptical machine.

    ReplyDelete