Monday, January 18, 2010

Weekend Report

Weekends are always the hardest for me, eating wise so I have been a little nervous about weekends since I started this new lifestyle. So far, so good. This weekend went well. I did the Treadmill and a Biggest Loser training session on Saturday. In the past, when I have exercised fairly regularly I think I mostly took Saturdays off.

I stayed away from fast food all weekend. On Saturday, my hubby and I did have a date night. I got Papa Murphy's take-n-bake pizza for the kids and grandma (our awesome babysitter!) and then my husband and I were off to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. I did calorie-splurge on 3 coconut shrimp, but felt okay about it because I had made healthy, lower-calorie choices all day, plus I planned on doing the same with my meal. I ordered a 6 oz (the smallest portion they have) sirloin steak with veggies and a baked potato. I requested no butter on the veggies and the baked potato to be plain. I had looked online at their nutrition info ahead of time and knew they usually put some kind of high-calorie butter sauce on their veggies. Once my meal arrived, I immediately cut the steak and baked potato in half and put them on my appetizer plate. I have to admit, when I saw how small the 3 oz of steak was, I was skeptical. But the truth is, once I ate all my veggies, 1/2 baked potato and the 3 oz steak I was satisfied.

We skipped on dessert and were off to my mom's house to watch "Friday Night Lights". I love this show! It used to be on NBC, but now is on a special Direct TV only channel. We don't have Direct TV, but my mom does so she DVR's the series and then every few weeks she comes to our house and babysits the kids while we go to her house and have a "FNL" marathon. We watched 5 episodes and enjoyed a bag of low-cal microwave popcorn.

On Sunday, I did have one piece of the leftover pizza and ate the rest of my dinner for lunch. In the past, I would have had more than one piece of pizza so that is a small victory. I made a Roast Beef dinner and skipped on the mashed potatoes at dinner time. All and all, I think the weekend was successful, eating wise.

On Saturday, I purchased Jillian's 30 day Shred DVD. I have heard it is a good, killer workout. I have not done it yet. I think I will do it on those days that I don't have Biggest Loser training on the Wii. This morning, I walked/ran almost 2 miles on the treadmill and did training on the Wii. Thanks to all who, commented on my last post. I look forward to trying out your suggestions and finding some alternate treadmill routines.
Today my training was all Yoga. Is Yoga an acquired taste or do you either love or hate it right from the beginning? Because I am not lovin' it!

2 comments:

  1. Great job on you amazing will power!! I'm not sure about yoga. I know I don't care for it, but that could just be me. Hopefully, it will get better for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got through the weekend in great style!

    I think yoga via DVD is largely dependent on the instructor and methods. I've only tried three, and the one I've enjoyed most recently is Rodney Yee's Yoga for Beginners. Yoga is still in my "don't love it, but I'll do it now and then" category. :)

    ReplyDelete