Monday, February 8, 2010

Another New Week

Hey, everybody ! I hope you all had a great weekend. I sure did. I had a great meal on Saturday and watched my fave NBA team win!

Then came Sunday. Superbowl Sunday! All I can say is I made homemade guacamole and homemade salsa, which aren't so bad until you throw in all the tortilla chips I dipped into them. I just couldn't bring myself to pull out the veggies, like I said I would. And I better not forget the pizza rolls I made for dinner.....way too much cheese! Thankfully, yesterday was a fasting day for my church so I didn't eat until dinner. And I did enjoy it all! The scale was still down today so it's all good. Now, if I can avoid eating the rest of the chips this week. On a side note, I thought the Superbowl was a great game! I am a big Peyton Manning fan so I was cheering for the Colts mostly. But the Saints totally deserved to win the game and I'm happy for New Orleans.

You may remember that one of my goals this year is to run/jog (the whole time) a 5K. I am seriously considering starting up the couch to 5K program this week. The first couple of weeks don't seem too bad. I have been running some on the treadmill anyway. It's from about week 4 on that scares me. And looking down at week 9 and seeing that it says run 3 miles, leaves me doubting myself. I will look to Kyle for some inspiration here. I know I can do it if I just take it one week at a time. Okay, I think I just talked myself into it! Tomorrow I will begin my C25k program. Stay tuned......

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I'll trot out the trite expression..."If I can do it, anyone can do it". Seriously though, it is a very reasonable progression and I told myself several times..."bet I'm going to have to repeat week X before going on to week Y." So far, I haven't had to. I just had to keep pushing myself beyond some comfort limits.

    You'll get there...congrats on your tomorrow start!

    Kyle
    Getting Better and Better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did couch to 5k last summer and I made it! I couldn't believe it myself. I used to loathe running and have used the "I have asthma" excuse to not run, but I liked the program and didn't even have to repeat a week (I think one week I did for 4 days instead of 3). Just one day at a time. I'm ready to do it again as I didn't keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss :)

    It was a good game. I loved after the game when they showed Drew Brees holding his son. So sweet...

    We have leftover tortilla chips too...Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you could do C25K! Do you know Bella?
    (http://bellaonthebeach.wordpress.com ) She and her friend are doing the c25k program, but they're doing each week twice. If wk4 is pushing you, maybe you could repeat it? Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be starting C25K this week, as well, and I haven't been running at all. I agree that looking to the end of the program is a little daunting, but as others have said, it IS a reasonable progression, and you can work at your own pace. Good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barbara,
    Thank you for following my blog. I can't wait to help motivate you in running your 5K. If you are starting using a treadmill, use an incline of at least 2. You will be amazed how much easier the outdoor run will be for you. Baby steps will get you there. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete