Monday, February 22, 2010

A New Challenge and an Award

I want to thank LeAnne for awarding me the sunshine award! It is nice to know that my blog is not only benefiting me a ton but bringing some sunshine and inspiration to others!



I am supposed to pass this award onto some other sunshiney bloggers. I love reading blogs! In fact, I wish I had more time to do so. Here are twelve of my faves:

Kristin @ A Fit Me
Lisa @ One Mom's Weight Loss Blog
Mary @ Joy for Mary
Tj @ Tj's Test Kitchen
Cammy @Tippy Toe Diet
Kyle @ Getting Better and Better
Dawn @ 365 days to a new me
Ms.Magnetism @Mission to Lose 130 lbs
Alex @ Another Fat Girl
Tiff @ Project 365
This Girl is Losing it
Tricia @ Endurance isn't only Physical

How was your weekend? I hope great! Mine was just fine, nothing too exciting. I did the treadmill on Saturday, but that was all for exercising. And as far as eating went.....well....let's just say I went a little off plan. Pictured below is what I had for desert yesterday. Well, mine had some raspberries mixed in with it, but basically it was a red velvet cake, with lots of chocolate ice cream, chocolate ganache and raspberry filling from coldstone creamery. So yummy, but it my one slice put me over on my calories. Or maybe it was all the garlic bread I ate with my manicotti at dinner time. Oh well, today is a new day and a new week.




I wanted to tell you all about a new challenge I am participating in. A friend of mine started a group on face book called 15 in 15. The goals is to lose 15 pounds between President's Day and Memorial Day. Today starts week two so it is still early on. If you are a member of facebook and want to join the challenge, just click here. Annie, the group's administrator, is a great motivator and sends each group member messages almost everyday with daily challenges. I told her that I think she would be a great weight loss/healthy living blogger and that you would all love her. She thinks she will eventually start a blog, but for now has given me permission to post her challenges here. So far the challenges have been things like , to track food and exercise in a notebook, create an eating and exercise plan, etc. Also we were challenged to make a contract with ourselves and sign and date it. The contract looks like this:

I commit to...

I promise to...

I know how important this is because....

I will do the following...

My reward will be...

Also she had us dedicate each pound of our weight loss to a person. Since the goal is 15 pounds, this was a list of 15 people who inspire us and for who we want to become healthier for. Obviously, for my overall weight loss goal is a lot more than 15 so I will be going through my list more than once.

If I complete the challenge then I will exceed my goal of a 25 lb loss by summer. I can hardly wait!

I'm copying and pasting the next challenge, so you can see it in Annie's own words:
Okay maybe I'm not. For some reason I can't copy and paste her message. Frustrating! Anyway, today's challenge is about how we sometimes sabotage ourselves. We use excuses like, I deserve it or I'm stressed out to eat off plan or not exercise. The challenge is to identify one reason we sabotage our goals, a reason "we don't think we deserve to reach our goals". Once you've discovered a reason think of three healthy ways you can reward yourselves when you think you deserve something great. These rewards will be for times you are stressed, sad, tired, overworked or excited about your accomplishments.
Annie's words are so much better than mine so you really should join her facebook group. I will spend today thinking on the challenge and blog about it in another post.
I hope you all have a good day. Tomorrow would be a "Things That I love Tuesday" post but I don't think I'll post anything. I have another funeral to go to. This will be two funerals in 10 days. ;( A cousin passed away last week. It was a sad ending to a troubled life. I may blog about it later.
See you on Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. sorry for your loss
    congrats on your award

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the award! Congrats.

    My thoughts go out to you and your family tomorrow.

    Julia
    http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dessert looks fabulous!
    And my condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your award. I read most of the blogs you mentioned. Seriously, I probably spend too much time reading them!

    On a serious note, my condolences for the passing of your cousin. All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete