Friday, February 12, 2010

Are we having fun yet?

Today I helped with two classroom parties. Can I just say that I love being a stay at home and can help at the school, as hectic as it is sometimes. I don't love the whole decorate valentine boxes thing, though. I'm sure this is due to my own lack of creativity. That is why I am glad another Valentine's Day at school is over! I even turned down a donut that a room mom offered me for helping with the party.

Now my kids have a three week break from school. They have three week breaks throughout the year. The first couple of weeks are always great but the last week is always hard. Everyone is getting a bit tired of one another by then. As far as my eating and exercise plan goes I think the break could be good and bad. On the plus side, I won't have to worry about getting the kids off to school in the morning or volunteering (which sometimes has taken the place of my exercise time). On the negative side, ALL THREE of my kids will be home ALL DAY. I will be competing for Wii and DVD player time. Oh well, it should be fun and I think I can make the positives outweigh the negatives.

Tomorrow I finish week 1 of the C25K. I'm looking forward to it. I used an incline yesterday on day 2 for most of the workout and will try to use it the whole time tomorrow. I also started "The Biggest Loser" Wii training up again.

Some good news. Yesterday I saw my dad and step-mom for the first time since Christmas and my step-mom remarked that I looked good and wondered how much I had lost. I'm not sure if she even knew about my new lifestyle. One time my dad did call while I was exercising so maybe he mentioned it to her. Also, today a friend told me how someone had commented to her that I was looking good. The other day while looking in the mirror I thought I could see the difference. But I thought I might need to lose 5-10 lbs more before people started noticing. It feels good to have others notice my hard work. I wish I didn't care so much about others noticing, but I do!

Tomorrow will be spent at a funeral for my Great Uncle. Although, he was in his 80's this was not totally expected. I feel very sad for my sweet Great Aunt, who has now lost two husbands. Death is part of life, but is something I will never get used to. It should be a draining day.

My hubby and I celebrated Valentine's Day last Saturday. He did give me a dozen roses today, very sweet. This weekend the kids will be our valentines. We are going to ice cream tonight. Sunday we are all looking forward to the season premiere of "The Amazing Race". It is really the only show we watch as a whole family. Can't wait! My husband has Monday off, so we might try to catch a movie. I hope everyone has a great, healthy weekend! Happy Valentine's Day

6 comments:

  1. i can't wait until people notice! it's just natural to want others to see all our hard work and results! At least I think so! OHHH c25k! I'm thinking of doing that maybe next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first week of C25K!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I was room mom for both of my children at the same time. It was insane. Enjoy those volunteer days though, they pass too quickly. Good luck keeping your sanity with 3 kids home for 3 weeks...Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job not taking that donut! That is another weakness of mine, and I'm not sure I would have been able to turn it down, so good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother was a room mom for most of my elementary school years, and I remember feeling so proud that she did so many great things for us. (She still has the letters my 3rd grade class wrote to thank her for making us all book bags.:))

    So sorry about your great uncle, but WOW, to live into his 80s...I hope I make it that far, and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it awesome when people start noticing the weight loss? I love that people were talking about behind your back...even better!

    You sound like a blessed Mom!

    ReplyDelete