Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Things That I Love Tuesday

***Disclaimer: Unless otherwise noted I have not been asked to promote or review any of the products I feature on "Things that I love Tuesday". They are truly just things I love and when I find things that I love I want everyone to know about them!***

Maybe today's post should be titled "Things That I am Learning to Love" because a few weeks ago I would have never thought I would love Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred! But, yes it is true I actually look forward to my workouts with Jillian. I don't do the DVD every day because I do BL Wii training every other day. I have been averaging the Shred workout about 2-3 times a week. For this reason, I really don't know how many times I have done level 1, but am thinking since I am learning to love it I probably need to move up to level 2. I can't complete the whole workout the way I'm supposed to, though. The last 15-30 seconds of bicycle crunches always get me. I usually end up doing regular crunches during that time. And I have been known to do standing jacks instead of jumping jacks, too. So am I ready to take it to the next level? Do I have to have level 1 mastered before I do level 2? Once I make the leap, I don't want to jump back. I would love any input from my blogging friends out there who have done the shred or from anyone who has an opinion, really.



I would also like to know what workout videos you all like and use. I am waiting for a local community fitness center to open in our neighborhood later this year before I join a gym. So right now, my exercise consists of my treadmill, wii games and my dvd player.

Today, I woke up at my normal early exercise time even though the kids are out of school. It worked out much better, than sleeping in. My kids were not needing me or beating up on each other during my exercise time. I did a lighter treadmill workout since tomorrow I am on day 2 of week 2 of the C25K training. I walked at an incline for 30 minutes, for 1.75 miles. I also did level 1 of the 30-day shred workout.

11 comments:

  1. One day when my life settles down, I'm going to have to buy 30 day shred. It seems like a good thing, especially since there are levels. I would say that you should pretty much master the level you're on before you go on to the next, or you might be regretting moving up. But, I am not an exercise guru, so I think if it were me, I would be regretting it if it got significantly harder and then I wouldn't want to do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...great workout day! I have purchased Jillian's 30-day shred and the Banish the Fat DVDs. I previewed them, but haven't started them yet. They are for my likely gym-less existence for the next 6 months (I'll be drafting a blog regarding this).

    I hope to consider Beachbody's P90X or Insanity if I can demonstrate to myself that I can do DVDs.

    Regarding your question, my inclination is to wait to move to level 2 until you've mastered level 1. HOWEVER, if you will get discourage by not moving forward, give it a shot, but set your expectations to return to level 1 if necessary.

    Sounds like you are doing fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard those workouts are killer! I had thought about getting them before I won the Kettleworx set.

    Give Level 2 a shot. I'm sure you will be able to tell if you are ready for it or not pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reviewing this! I have it and had been putting off starting because I was focusing on running. I think I'm going to start this week. Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen that DVD at Target and wanted to buy it but thought I shouldn't because I have a million DVDs at home I can do :)

    I have a lot of Denise Austin's DVDs and I like her...she seems sweet and would be someone I could be friends with! I don't know if I could be friends with Jillian...maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 30 day shred. I did Level I 3 days last week. I have not mastered it. I thought I was up for Level II but by the time I got done with Level I I couldn't bring myself to add it on. I think I am going to stay here until I can do it without thinking I'm going to die. I also purchased Power Sculpt with Jillian. It has 3 levels as well. I really enjoy that one too. I'm thinking of purchasing Cardio Max. I don't have a tread mill so I need to wait for the weather to warm up a bit so I can run outside since I need to put Jacob in the stroller. I need some good cardio DVD's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You and Jillian...what a pair :) That is awesome. I'm so proud of you for all of your kick butt workouts!!

    I don't do any workout dvd's. I bought some 5 years ago that are still in the wrapper. That is bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen Shred and just workout on my own at the gym. I must be doing something right because the pounds keep coming off but now I need to tone. Perhaps a video will help me there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm starting the shred next month hopefully! :)


    p.s. my bank account is sadly the same.. healthy food is expensiveeee! & so is vegetarian food. :( haha but it's worth it that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought the Shred and have done it 3-4x now. I love that DVD...I still can't do every single rep of every single exercise, but man what a workout. You can't help but feel good about yourself the next day when you're hobbling around, barely able to move. It lets you know just how effective it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I feel worn out just READING these posts; I don't know how you guys do it, but good for you. And Barb, you're doing great. I bet you'll see results on the scale tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete