Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Things That I Love Tuesday

I have a lot on my mind so today will be two posts. First, my weekly "things that I love" post. I have noticed that most of these are about food. Go figure! Well today's favorite thing is Stretch Island Fruit Company fruit leather:
I usually buy a couple of these 48 count boxes at Costco at a time. But I have also bought them at Wal-Mart. My kids and I have really loved fruit roll-ups in the past. I would always buy boxes of them when they were on sale. Your average fruit roll-up has about 100 cals and lots of added sugar. These fruit leathers are just 45 calories and all the sugar (9g) comes naturally from the fruit. AND they taste better than the overly processed ones we used to buy. One of my kids does not like these but the other two and my husband and I love them. I love the abundant apricot and summer strawberry flavors. Of course, having a piece of fresh fruit would be a better choice but I enjoy these as a snack once in awhile. And I feel better giving these to my kids than the other kinds.

No comments:

Post a Comment