Monday, February 15, 2010

I survived Valentine's Day and Day one Week Two

Happy Monday! Hopefully, for most of you that work today is not really a Monday and you are enjoying the holiday off. I hope everyone had a great weekend celebrating love.

My weekend was pretty good. We went to the ice cream creamery for dinner and dessert on Friday. I'm happy to say, that because I wanted to enjoy some ice cream I opted for a Turkey Sandwich for dinner and stayed away from my beloved Reuben. I was able to enjoy my ice cream without feeling guilt from having already eaten too many calories. I'm sure I stayed within my calorie range.

Saturday, was my great uncle's funeral. It was a very nice service and I think he would be pleased with it. I really enjoyed seeing cousins that were a big part of my life while growing up but whom I don't see too often now. It's just too bad it had to be at a funeral. After the services, my uncle's church provided the family with a dinner. It was KFC. I love KFC chicken, but am well aware of how fattening it is! I ate a small breast and thigh, with the skin off. I avoided the mashed potatoes, biscuits and chocolate cake. I ate green salad and a corn muffin with my chicken. Saturday morning I finished Week one of the C25K program. I was able to do the whole thing at an incline. I also did some BL training on the Wii.

For Valentine's day I did not receive one oz of chocolate. That's a good thing, right? My hubby gave me a dozen roses and a sweet card. I gave my husband a small bag of chocolates and I did help myself to one piece. Pretty good, I think. We went to my in-law's house for dinner. My MIL made poppy seed chicken, it was very good. She also had chocolate dipped strawberries and brownie bites for dessert. I enjoyed one large strawberry and one brownie bite. It was all great!

I have been weighing myself everyday and I'm pretty sure I will be seeing a loss this week. It makes me happy to know that I can still enjoy things I have always loved, like chocolate and ice cream and still see a loss. I think the key is to plan for your treats. If you allot yourself some treats once in awhile then you can plan. I stayed within my calorie range because I planned for the higher calorie treats. If I deprive myself of sweets then I will not plan for them and may end up "sneaking" some and going over on my calories.

Today I started week 2 of the C25K training. It is basically the same amount of running during the 20 minute period, but at longer stretches of running for less increments. It is 90 seconds of running and then 2 minutes of walking. I did not think it would be too hard, but it was a bit challenging. I was only able to do it at an incline for half of the time. Next week ought to be fun with increments of 3 minutes of running! I also did BL training today. I feel really good about how I have been staying on my training plan this week.

I mentioned in my last post about my kids being out of school for three weeks. Well, one thing I've learned the last few days is although I technically could sleep in, I will still need to get up and exercise early. You see, my kids don't sleep in and by 8:00 they are needing me for this and that. I hope my five-year-old doesn't drive me insane before the three weeks are over!

4 comments:

  1. Wow...sounds like you are really on track! Congrats on your C25K progress too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and I am glad you were able to plan in some sweets! It makes it all so much more manageable when you can still have some treats every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job!!! I'm happy you are eating chocolate and ice cream and losing!! I'm so tired of sneaking or bingeing when I don't allow myself a little. I refuse to do that anymore. Moderation here I come :)

    That's great that you are exercising like that!

    Good luck on maintaining your sanity. 3 weeks is a loooooonnnng time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you were able to "fit in" a couple of lite splurges for yourself! I agree that, in the long run, you'll be much more successful that way!

    ReplyDelete