Friday, February 5, 2010

It's Friday!

Happy Friday, everyone! That's right another weekend is here. I am really excited for this weekend. Tonight, the hubby and I are going to watch "Whip It", a movie I've heard a lot 0f good things about. Tomorrow, we are going to one of our favorite restaurants and I'm going to do a splurge item. I'm going to get the parmesan crusted halibut with pesto aioli (at least it's fish). It is sooooooo good. I'll be sure to pass on the mashed potatoes and get some roasted veggies instead.

Following dinner we are going to watch our favorite NBA team play. It should be a great game and the place will be rockin'! I love sports and I love to attend sporting events (which we don't do all that often) so I am really excited. Our seats are in the "nose bleed" section so we will be doing plenty of stair climbing.

Sunday, as everyone knows, is the Superbowl. Again, I love to watch sports and although I don't get into the NFL as much as college football or NBA basketball I am always excited to watch the Superbowl. Or maybe, I've always enjoyed all the food that goes along with it! Ahhh...the food. I'm sure this will be a challenging Sunday for lots of us. I plan on enjoying (in moderation) all of it. I will for sure have veggies and hummus out to enjoy, too.

I hope you all have fun plans for the weekend,too!

I did "30 Day Shred" today and can I say I really like it.....once I get past circuit one. I'm glad the one I least like is at the beginning because I get it over with right off. I just hate jumping jacks! Anyone out there feel the same way? Maybe someday I'll learn to enjoy them.

I don't know if anyone cares but I'm going to list the 10 songs (and a little commentary) I downloaded off of itunes as my 10 lb loss reward. I listened to them while I did the treadmill and I am very happy with my choices. :)

1- Single Ladies- Beyonce (I wonder if she wrote this and just never recorded it before JayZ proposed)

2- Let's Get It Started- Black Eyed Peas

3-Firecracker- Josh Turner ( He sure does have a deep voice for a small guy...oh and he's pretty handsome, too!)

4-Why Don't We Just Dance- Josh Turner ( I love, love, love this video)

5-She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy- Kenny Chesney (I'm pretty sure she likes a lot more than your tractor, Kenny)

6- Footloose- Kenny Loggins ( I couldn't resist and I'm still contemplating downloading the whole soundtrack)

7-Lookin' for a Good Time- Lady Antebellum (FYI- I met Lady A at a concert last year, they are sooooo nice)

8-Just Dance- Lady GaGa ( Why is she so weird?)

9-If Today Was Your Last Day- Nickelback

10-Honky Tonk Badonkadonk- Trace Adkins (I've definitely got a badonkadonk but I don't think he's singing about mine)

So there you have it. I think some of my friends and family would be surprised to see that only half of the songs are Country. I guess I'm branching out for the sake of my exercise playlist.

I think my reward for 20 lbs. lost will be a pedicure. Spring should be here and I will need some pretty toes to show off while wearing sandals.

Have a great weekend everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Is Josh Turner the cutest or what?? I listen to him while I'm on the treadmill all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried the Biggest Loser Last Chance workout DVD? It's also a killer. I think harder than the Shred. I dread the first 2 circuits in the LCW but can make it through the rest. I highly recommend it if you want or need another work out DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started my own weight loss blog! It's afitmeklp.blogspot.com. Also, I can't find where you said if "30 day shred" is a dvd or a game...which is it?
    Happy weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have #2 and #9 on my playlist! I love the BEP's! :)

    Enjoy your splurge-y, sport-y date night!

    ReplyDelete