Friday, February 26, 2010

My Weight Watchers group & C25k

Hi everybody!

First of all, I want to thank everybody for your kind comments on my last post. I hope you know how much they mean to me. A few weeks ago I was explaining my blog and the weight loss blogging community to my friend, who does Weight Watchers. And I said, "My blog friends and followers are my Weight Watchers group!".

I have never wanted to spend the money to go to Weight Watchers or on any other type of weight loss program. In fact, I have been holding out on getting a gym membership until the community fitness center near me opens (which I am sad to know won't be until early 2011) because it will be cheaper. Maybe I haven't done these things because I didn't have confidence I could stick with things and I would lose money or maybe I'm just a cheapskate! So far my current plan seems to be working and I will stick to it unless it stops being effective.

Anyway, back to my weight watchers group. I realize that a big part of the success I have had so far has been accountability on my blog and receiving inspiration and support from you all through your comments and reading your blogs. I was going to mention my WW group members by name but don't want to miss anyone. So let's just say that my group is very diverse in age and background. Some in my group are older than me and help me to know that you are never too old to change your ending. Some in my group are younger than me and remind me of how much fun being young can be and make me wish I had half their energy. Everyone has a different background and story. When I read about their stories, I am inspired. Some in my group have lost A LOT of weight and are either maintaining or have just a little to go. These people remind me that I can do it, too and always share wisdom. Some people have been on the journey for awhile and are half-way to their goal weight. These people also inspire me because they have come so far, yet still have far to go and are happily plugging along. Some are new to the journey like me. These people, help me to know that I am not alone. We have similar struggles and similar successes. I love following along with them. Some make me laugh, some make me cry. All inspire me. Thank you for being part of my WW group!

Today I completed week 3 of the C25k training! Yay for me! I only printed off the first three weeks to follow along with while on the treadmill so I hadn't really looked ahead to next week until yesterday. Holy cow, I'm nervous! This week's training alternated between 1.5 minutes running then 1.5 minutes walking and then 3 minutes of each. I did two circuits of this. Next week 5 minute intervals of running are thrown in and there is less walking between each interval. I can do this, I can do hard things!


I have had a hard time blogging and reading blogs the last couple of days. My kids are still on their 3 week break from school. I've been getting in my exercise time, but after that it has been all about the kids. We've done some fun things. Only one more week to go and then maybe I can get back to a regular blogging and blog reading schedule.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. The blog community has been a HUGE support to me too. Good job on the exercise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so great on C25K...you'll be done before you know it and a running goddess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A 3 week break? Yikes! We only get a one week break in March. You are inspiring too! I love reading about your journey, your kids, your life, your food...thanks for being part of my WW group...and it's free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post! I'd have been lost without "my group". Heck, I'd still be lost. :)

    Break time *should* be kid time. Glad you are all enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've found what works for you so there's not need to spend money on WW. You inspire me all the time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete