Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Weigh-In-Wednesday

Well, today was my weigh in. And the BL scale said 196, for a loss of 2 lbs. I'm very pleased with the results especially considering that Super Bowl Sunday happened this week. It is nice to know that I can still enjoy some of the foods I love once in awhile without taking a big hit at the scale. My trend the last few weeks has been to lose 2 lbs one week and then one pound the next week. I'm hoping to buck that trend this coming week and lose 2 lbs again. Although, I will never complain about a loss, even if it is just one pound.

Today was an off day of my C25K training. I decided to take the advice of some of my readers and not run today. Kyle said, "I've learned to trust the program". So I will trust the program. My shins were a little sore today anyway so a day off from running sounded good. Instead, I just did a fast walk with an incline on my treadmill. I only walked 1.7 miles but it was still some treadmill time. I am looking forward to my C25K training tomorrow. I just hope my shins feel better.

My husband is helping a neighbor with some computer problems and so the neighbor brought over TWO pies as a thank you. I actually tried to give him one of the pies back (is that rude?), saying we did not need two pies. He told me I could give one of them away if I wanted. So that is what I did. I gave one of the pies to another family. This got me thinking. Why do thank yous always seem to come in the form of goodies. Is this just my neighborhood or do you all find that this is true for yours to? I am definitely guilty of thanking people with food myself. Making a batch of cookies is simple enough and everybody loves cookies! And I'm not sure people would appreciate a thank-you card as much as a plate of cookies. So we have a banana cream pie in the fridge. I don't think I'll have a piece of it, seeing how we have plans as a family to go out to a ice cream creamery on Friday. I think I'll save my splurge calories for then. Some of you may wonder why I am even planning to go to a creamery. Well, my kids really enjoy this place and we haven't been for a looooooong time. I figure, I'm the obese one not my kids and they should not be deprived of some of the things they like. I think it is better to teach them to eat things in moderation than to deprive them of all things yummy and fattening.

Today was produce day for our family. What is produce day, you ask? I belong to a produce
co-op group in my neighborhood. We buy produce in bulk from a local produce distributor. Every two weeks one of us goes and picks it up and sorts it into 10 boxes. I share my box with a friend. Anyway, on produce day I often throw out some things(usually lettuce or celery) in my produce crisper from the last produce day to make room for the new stuff. Not today! I was really looking forward to getting the produce because my crispers were pretty much empty. The things that were in there are things I have bought recently that weren't in my produce order and they are still perfectly fresh. I am keeping to my 5 fruits/veggies a day and eating all my produce. Now that is a non-scale victory, I say! I even got excited about the celery that I used to dread finding in the box.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday!

11 comments:

  1. You are soooo good. 2 pounds is terrific and all that nice fresh produce. Wish I had a neighborhood co-op. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 pounds! GREAT! (:
    & omg yes I want a fresh produce neighborhood thing! i don't even know where the nearest farmers market is..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the loss!!

    I agree with teaching your kids they can eat everything in moderation. I've done that with my sons (17 & 13). They have ZERO weight issues. What's even better is they don't feel guilt for eating a cookie... I did not want to repeat the mistakes of my parents with food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- that sounds pretty cool! Congrats on the 2lb loss- that is awesome sister! Keep up the AMAZING work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the happy tone of this post! I so agree that we need to teach our children healthy, moderate views when it comes to food.

    The produce co-op really sounds interesting.

    Yay, on the 2 pounds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-hoo for great scale results!

    "I think it is better to teach them to eat things in moderation than to deprive them of all things yummy and fattening."

    I wish more parents would get this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 2lbs! I think you've made a wise decision on allowing your body the rest it is asking for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go eating all your produce!! That is a feat unlike many others!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! Love the idea of a produce co-op.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the loss! And you reminded me that I wanted to check out our local co-op, so thanks for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete