Thursday, February 11, 2010

"No one can go back and make a brand new start, my friend, but anyone can start from here and make a brand new end." - Dan Zadra

Another Fat Girl (who's real name I do not know) posted this quote on her blog a couple of days ago and it has been on my mind ever since. I often find myself looking back on mistakes made and wishing I could change some of them. During the last few weeks I have thought to myself more than once, "How did you ever allow yourself to get here anyway!". At times I have even felt a little dumb talking about my weight loss and blogging for fear others were having the same thoughts. "That's great, but why did you even allow yourself to get obese in the first place." Silly, I know.

The truth is we can't go back and start over but we are writing a new chapter and perhaps changing our ending each new day. Just because I allowed myself to get to where I am right now or have made poor decisions in the past doesn't mean I can't change things now. Past mistakes do not undermine what I am accomplishing now. I can be proud of the person I am becoming.

I have thought of this a lot. It is okay to change the kind of parent, spouse, person, etc.. you are, if it is for the best. Some may resist your changing. I think it is okay to say, "I know I'm different than I was before, but you know what I was wrong before and I'm trying to do what is right now".

So thank you, Another Fat Girl for your wise quote. I am looking forward to making a brand new ending. There may be some rough chapters in between but I think the ending will be great! How bout you all? Are you writing new endings for yourselves? Don't look back, keep looking forward.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome quote! I find myself thinking the same things as you. And I am trying to make the end better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it IS a great quote isn't it?! (:
    i'm glad it reached out to you like it did for me!

    p.s. my name is ALEX <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! You can change what your ending would've been. We all make mistakes and don't fully realize what we are getting ourselves into...with the weight gain. We can't live by "if only" anymore.

    You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Changing my ending...yep, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Eyes forward is the best way to travel! :)

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete