Monday, March 1, 2010

C25K- Week four,Day one

Hello, everybody! I hope you each had a fabulous weekend. Mine was great! My husband and I finally went and saw Avatar. We saw it on the IMAX. What a beautiful movie! I was not that excited to go see it, I never am for science fiction, but I really enjoyed it. In fact, I haven't heard one person who has seen it say they didn't like it. So if anyone out there has seen it and not liked it let me know, just curious.

As far as my eating went this weekend, I did a little better on Saturday than I have on past Saturdays. However, I did have a bit of loss of control on Sunday. I won't give you all the boring, yummy details but let's just say it involved tortilla chips and candy skor baking pieces. No, I did not melt candy skor on tortilla chips, sillies! I ate them at separate times. I did get on the treadmill on Saturday morning for a walk at an incline. Exercising a little on weekends helps me stay more on track.

This morning was day one of week four of my C25K training. And....I could not complete it. It looks like I will be repeating it. This week's training is jogging 3 minutes, walking 90 seconds, jogging 5 minutes, walking 2 1/2 minutes, jogging 3 minutes, walking 90 minutes and then jogging 5 minutes. I made it all the way until the final 5 minutes of jogging. I only jogged about 2 1/2 minutes. I knew going into the training that I may have to repeat days or even weeks, but I am still disappointed. I am mostly disappointed because I think I failed this one mentally. From the time I saw what this week's training was (I just looked last Friday) I began thinking how hard it was going to be. I wasn't sure I could do 5 minutes of jogging at once, let alone twice in one session. I was telling my family how hard it was going to be this morning before I got on the treadmill. And then I forgot my mantra, "I can do hard things"! My legs truly were tired by the last 5 minute interval, but I think my mind is really what did me in. I will do better on Wednesday! I will have a positive attitude about it. If my brain is thinking good thoughts and I still can't physically do it, then I will be okay with repeating this week.

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

11 comments:

  1. Hey girl...I had to restart my blog, so I'm trying to locate all my bloggin buds to let them know :)

    I have a lot of posts I need to catch up on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a new reader of your blog, it looks great!

    I saw Avatar and thought it was awesome.

    I am not a runner, I have bad knees so I just do walking but I stand in awe of those who can run the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone is talkin' about this C25K thing and I really need to get in on the action! hopefully soon, because I would love to run a 1/2 marathon in august or september!
    As for not completing the training for today and repeating it.. that's what it's all about girl! Don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it exciting to have Lisa back???? I loved Avatar too and I hate Sc Fi. I think there was enough romance and relationship in it for me to enjoy the Sc Fi parts.

    You're doing well...keep at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always a mental thing for me with exercise. I sometimes tell myself "it's only for 30 seconds" and then repeat...but yeah, my mind can stop me faster than my body. You will do great on Wednesday now that you know how close you came to completing that session!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know how you feel...remember this post? You even commented on it.

    The same thing happened for me on W7D2, but I think it was mental fueled by poor preparation (poor food and hydration).

    I repeated it and slammed it to the ground and thrashed it! You'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the design and colors of your blog. Keep up the good work on the C25K. I'm still amazed that it's working and I am jogging now. :)

    Have a great week and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You saw it! Way to go...it's my goal to get everyone to that movie while it's on the big screen, ha ha. =]

    Is it wrong that I don't know what C25K is? I guess I need to back up and read a bit, eh? (And maybe start exercising at some point?)

    My anniversary was this weekend, and we watched our wedding video. Both you and Brad are on it! It was so fun to "see" you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know you can push through the obstacles your mind is throwing at you! :-) Keep making healthy choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why we defeat ourselves like that is beyond me, but we do. Still, you tried it, and you know you can overcome it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never done an official C25K, but I have been running and I set goals for myself each time I go.

    A while back I set a goal that was too high. I ended up splitting an intended 5 minutes straight into two 2.5s with 30 seconds in between, but I felt really good because I still did the total of what my goal was.

    I don't know if the program you're on leaves room for a little adjustment, but it's a good way to feel good about yourself - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete