Thursday, March 18, 2010

C25K Week 5 & The reason I weigh everyday

So after taking a few days off of training for the C25K, I started week 5 today. And....I did day one, no problem! No problem doesn't mean it wasn't hard, it just means I did it and I didn't even have to turn the speed down for the last couple of minutes. This is the first week that each day is different. I'm still not quite sure how I am going to run for 8 full minutes at a time next time, let alone for 20 minutes on day three. One day at a time, right?

Yesterday was not a good day. I know in my weigh-in post I said this week was a new week and I would do better. Apparently, I meant that this week starts today and not yesterday. I did not exercise. I had my exercise clothes on. I had time. And instead chose to play on the computer and watch my DVR'd American Idol. Hmmmm....are you getting a picture of how I ended up here in the first place.

As if no exercising was not bad enough, I also binged. I think it was my worst eating day since starting this journey. I made green rice krispy treats for St. Patty's day to have when the girls got home from school. I ate 1/5 of the pan before they got home!

Then I made Irish soda bread to go with our corned beef and cabbage for dinner. It was so yummy I had to snack on some of it before dinner and then have some with dinner. Speaking of dinner, corned beef and all it's seasoning has soooooooo much sodium in it. It was way salty!

So this morning I knew if I got on the scale I would be up. I almost didn't get on it. But one of the things that helps me is weighing everyday. This keeps me on track. I don't freak out (too much) from day to day if it is up a little. My weight as always stayed pretty consistent, never fluctuating too much from day to day. I guess this is because I have been really consistent in sticking to my exercise and diet plans. Well, yesterday was not a consistent day and so my scale results were not consistent! I had my biggest gain ever from one day to another. Hello! Wake up call! I'm glad I weighed, because I needed to see the results of my choices yesterday. And I think it helped propel me to finish W5D1 of C25K.I know weighing every day does not work for some people, but it works for me! So I will keep doing it.

I'm happy to report that I did not have a rice krispy treat or any irish soda bread for breakfast today! I'm already back on track.

Have a great day everybody!

8 comments:

  1. i ate chinese over the weekend and went up 3 pounds
    but it gone again now
    it wont take long to get rid of
    keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weighing in everyday is not a bad thing as long as it works for you! :) Sometimes I weigh in multiple days in a row, sometimes I don't.. it can really keep you accountable (but it can also bum ya out! HA)
    danggg rice krispy treats!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always go battle with myself about how often to weigh.. I've been going with daily for a while, but then I find that I talk myself into skipping a day or 2 when I've eaten too much, and then being in denial makes things worse. I need to face what I've done the next day so I don't let things get out of hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know me...to weigh or not to weigh. I caved today and cheated on my poor scale that is living with my trainer. Shh...don't tell my other scale...

    Glad you're back on track :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on W5D1...it is a tough week, but I bet you will surprise yourself! I know I did.

    I may do W9D1 tonight! I've been feeling a little off and W8D3 was one of the worst feeling runs to date...I'm not sure if I have a cold or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing great in that you had your treats, you didn't exercise, but you didn't let it ruin your week. You got back up with great resolve today and you finished another day of C25K.

    I'm a daily weigh-er myself also. Like you, it doesn't bother me to see little fluctuations and it helps me rethink what I'm going to eat that day.

    You inspire me to get my eating in gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for getting yourself re-focused!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I first read that you weigh in every day, I was like "Noooo." But if it's something that works for you, that's great. Personally, if I weighed it every day, I think it would be very bad. On bad days I would feel awful about myself and want to give up, and on good days I would get cocky and eat things I shouldn't. I think it's great that you didn't let your one bad day turn into 2, or 5, or 10. And great job on the C25K! :)

    Jen
    www.ifyouhavetoask.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete