Friday, March 5, 2010

Time To Step it Up & Some Pics

Now that I am eight full weeks into my journey I want to reflect on my progress so far. In case you missed it, and I'm sure many of you did, here is a look back at my first post and goals I set. Here's a list of my victories so far:


  • I have stayed true to my goal to exercise regularly. I think I have only had one week that I did not get on the treadmill five times and that week I did it four times. I have done strength training 2-3 times a week.
  • I have been faithful about tracking my calories using sparkpeople and have stuck (pretty much) to my food plan.
  • I have not ordered french fries at any fast food restaurants. I HAVE enjoyed a few out of my kid's happy meals, but really just a few.
  • I started and am about half-way through the C25K training program.
  • I have still been able to enjoy foods I always have and will enjoy, like ice cream and chocolate.
  • I have not drank soda pop since I started this journey.
  • I am feeling new muscles in my body. I like to put my hand on the top of my legs when I go up the stairs just to feel my muscles. I better have muscles there, considering all the lunges I have done over the last 8 weeks. And I'm pretty sure my husband is tired of me making him feel my biceps.
  • I have walked/jogged 10+ miles a week, that makes for 80+ miles total!
  • I have lost weight every week.
  • I still have tortilla chips in my pantry from SuperBowl Sunday. :)

Shortly after I started this journey I had my daughter take a picture of me. I just had her take one and wished I would have done a side shot, too. Anyway, here is my beginning of the journey picture:



Here are a couple of pics I had her take today:





Can you see a difference? I think I can in the face. I also think this second outfit is much more flattering. I will take the next couple of progress pics in this same outfit for better comparison. After that, I'm hoping the pants will be falling off and I'll have to put on a smaller size.
Now that I've been at this for 8 weeks I think it is time to step it up a bit. So here's my plan:
  • Continue to track calories on sparkpeople and aim for 1400-1500 a day.
  • I have been doing the treadmill for about 30-35 minutes each workout day. This has included a 5 minute warm-up walk, my C25K training, followed by a brisk walk and cool down. My goal will now be 40 minutes. This will give me 5 min. warm-up, 30 min of a good workout and a 5 minute cool down. Today I actually did 45 minutes.
  • Really aim to do strength training 3-4 days a week.
  • Continue to do the 2nd level of "30 day Shred"
  • I have not been taking measurements. I will start doing that as well.

Today I completed day 2 of week 4 of C25K. It was a bit easier today and I slowed the speed down for just 2 minutes of the last 5 minute jog. I'm feeling good about it.

Gwenny gave me a sunshine award. Thank you, thank you! This really brightened my not-so-sunny, snowy day! Since I also received this award a couple of weeks ago, I'll direct you all to that post to see links to some of my favorite bloggers. I just accidentally deleted the sunshine award picture......arrgh. You'll have to look at the other post for the pretty pic because I get frustrated trying to upload pics after I've written so much text.

Have a great weekend everybody!

12 comments:

  1. Wow...big difference! Yea for you!! I love those capris they are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally see a difference! It's awesome how many things you have changed in your life. You truly look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed you the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your 8 week anniversary! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly did follow through on your goals. That's fantastic and I can see the difference between the photos. You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had an awesome year so far! And yes, it definitely shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great - I can really see a difference. Congratulations on sticking with this for 8 weeks - you have done so well! Looking forward to many more progress photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um YES I can see a difference! Your hips definitely look smaller! You are doing so well- great great great job! You are one consistant lady and that will take you far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...big difference! Keep up the awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girl...there's an award for you on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutley see a difference! Great job on the weight loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definately see a difference. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete